Sponsored by:

My first Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 01:54 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by juicedhd
Do you have any recommendations on a decent brand and model of coilovers? Primarily will be driven on the street and driving backroads.
I haven't had either one installed but solts recommendation of Ohlins Road/Track or Bilstein PSS9's seems like solid choices based on testaments of those who have actual experience with either one of the two.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:41 AM
HUGHES996
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by juicedhd
Picked up my car from the dealership. They installed the switch module and sport mode software. Sandwedge, you are correct that sport mode transforms the behavior of the car. I didn’t have time to mess with sport plus yet. I can’t wait to get it out on the road and get more of a feel for the these two new modes.

Spacers were delivered today. I will put them on sometime this weekend (if the weather holds up). I will share pics once I have the spacers installed.

I’m starting to look at which direction I want to go in lowering the car. I’m not looking for anything extreme. A mild drop (around an inch) is all that I want. I don’t plan on attacking the drop until sometime later this year unless a money saving opportunity arises.

I just did H and R springs on my 997 and I have a base C2 like you and I couldn’t be happier. It looks Amazing and I like the ride now better. It will lower it 1.2 inches which in my opinion is perfect. Good luck and welcome!
Old 02-22-2021, 06:53 AM
Coolwnc
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by HUGHES996
I just did H and R springs on my 997 and I have a base C2 like you and I couldn’t be happier. It looks Amazing and I like the ride now better. It will lower it 1.2 inches which in my opinion is perfect. Good luck and welcome!
Did you keep the stock shocks with the new H & R springs install. I am in the same boat ( 997.1 C2 base) model.

Quick Reply: My first Porsche