Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any clima repair deliveries since November?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021 | 09:07 PM
DKeating
7th Gear

Originally Posted by jfort
I am so tired of reading about CR. I bought the MA Carbon ones a couple of years ago and couldn’t be happier. Why participate in these forums if you don’t heed the warnings?
I sure wish I found these forums before I placed my order a month and a half ago. Unfortunately, I just found them yesterday!
Old 01-16-2021 | 09:14 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DKeating
I sure wish I found these forums before I placed my order a month and a half ago. Unfortunately, I just found them yesterday!
Well, there was a VERY long thread about this company and the very long list of unhappy customers here, but the mods deleted it. Not sure why they deleted it, might have something to do with becoming a paying sponsor. You would have to ask them why a long thread made by unhappy customers became undesirable.
The following 2 users liked this post by Prairiedawg:
Presto (01-19-2021), VT Blue (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021 | 09:16 PM
VT Blue
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
Well, there was a VERY long thread about this company and the very long list of unhappy customers here, but the mods deleted it. Not sure why they deleted it, might have something to do with becoming a paying sponsor. You would have to ask them why a long thread made by unhappy customers became undesirable.
Exactly, and look what's happening: History repeating itself.

Love this forum, but the mods' decision is unconscionable and indefensible based upon everything we're hearing. Again.

Bob
Old 01-17-2021 | 02:18 AM
seewong
Instructor

I placed my order late November as well and received the package last week. Took about 40 days in transit. I did email after about 30 days in, although there was not much they could do since they shipped it out literally the day after I ordered it (reflected in the tracking history). The tracking history did not seem to update once it left Spain though.
Old 01-18-2021 | 03:15 PM
DKeating
7th Gear

I finally received the package today. It left Spain on 12/4. To his credit, John from ClimaRepair contacted me yesterday about the slow delivery after I emailed him.

I installed the switches in my panel and they look great!
The following users liked this post:
Hootsama (01-19-2021)
Old 01-18-2021 | 08:02 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Yes many people know why, because that thread was full of fake accounts and haters -most of them not even customers!- giving bad credit (all accounts created that very same month, with only 1 or 2 messages). They were not many, but they were constantly repeating "how bad we were" over and over again, for months (come on...). Casually those same accounts were giving splendid credit and reviews about the just-released competitors products... Mmmm how interesting. When mods realized, they decided to keep the threat with sticky unless no new "unhappy customers" popped up for over a few months. Of course there were no new unhappy customers (because they were fake) and thread was deleted.

As for the recent post from customers, we have to apologize for the difficulties we had during the last week. If you read the news, Spain just had the biggest snow storm in history and we couldn't move from our homes for a little over 8 days. We even lost internet broadband for a few days in some areas (I did). Luckily everything is fine now.

For those looking for a faster shipping method, we offer DHL Express shipping, which only takes 48 hours to deliver to the USA. Is the best option IMHO.

Best regards.
Old 01-18-2021 | 08:04 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by seewong
I placed my order late November as well and received the package last week. Took about 40 days in transit. I did email after about 30 days in, although there was not much they could do since they shipped it out literally the day after I ordered it (reflected in the tracking history). The tracking history did not seem to update once it left Spain though.
Hello seewoog, we are glad you got your order. Once the package leaves our country and enters the USA its really up to what USPS wants to do with international shippings... Covid is not helping either. Last year average delivery times to the USA was 11 days, being now almost 28.

Best regards.
Old 01-19-2021 | 01:03 AM
Iceter
Drifting

None of that is true. There were no cases of fake accounts accusing you of anything. YOU were the only one accused of starting fake accounts.

Yet again you completely ignore the facts and make up stories to explain away your faults.

In fact, in the deleted thread, you went so far as to quote a well-known member here who complained about your terrible customer service then you thanked him for his good review. The level of cognitive dissonance in your head is frightening. You are like a bot with your incessant self-promotion in the face of overwhelming negative reviews.

You are incorrigible.
Presto (01-19-2021)
Old 01-19-2021 | 06:37 PM
Christian Stark
Racer

Today’s Clima-repair posts were brought to you by...

Old 01-19-2021 | 06:46 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

^ LOL.

It's all about the benjamins..
Old 01-19-2021 | 07:13 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Yes many people know why, because that thread was full of fake accounts and haters -most of them not even customers!- giving bad credit (all accounts created that very same month, with only 1 or 2 messages). They were not many, but they were constantly repeating "how bad we were" over and over again, for months (come on...). Casually those same accounts were giving splendid credit and reviews about the just-released competitors products... Mmmm how interesting. When mods realized, they decided to keep the threat with sticky unless no new "unhappy customers" popped up for over a few months. Of course there were no new unhappy customers (because they were fake) and thread was deleted.

Best regards.
Yep, I'm a fake account with only something like 12,000 posts into 3 or 4 different forums. I purchased your switches and after receiving them, a set of MA Carbon's for my other 997. Comparing the 2, there is no comparison. Yours feel rough and cheap, not like the originals at all, and the graphics are mediocre. The finish has already worn off of the face where the switch rocks up and down behind the console trim, so I have 2 nice white lines on each of them there now that show nicely when the lights are on. Yours also rattle around a bit.

The MA Carbon ones are PERFECT. Feel like OEM, fit properly, and haven't had the same wear issue. Luckily my wife isn't as picky about her car as I am about mine, or she'd be making me swap hers back out, which I'll probably do for her anyway, because she's my wife and I love her, and try to take proper care of our cars so they also look like a Porsche should.

Dosclaimer - my switches were the 2nd or 3rd of what seemed like endless iterations of the design where each subsequent iteration seemed to come out right after the previously ordered ones had been received. The right thing to do would have been to notify a buyer that you'd been made aware of some issues with prior generations and a better, updated version would be available in X time and given the buyer the option to wait for the next generation that few weeks, supplying them at the same price they had paid, or offering a refund of their purchase price, NOT shipping something you knew was a crappy product and why the design or manufactiring process had already been changed at the time that order was received. It's this type of deception that burned you here from the beginning and why no matter what the current version of the product looks like or performs like, well never try it in our cars when there is a quality product from a reputable company like MA Carbon available.

Presto (01-20-2021)
Old 01-19-2021 | 08:08 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

^^^ Obviously another fake post ^^^
KLS (01-20-2021)
Old 01-19-2021 | 08:10 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

^^^ Obviously another fake post ^^^
Dammit, how do those keep happening, and with such eloquent writing too.... LOL
Old 01-19-2021 | 08:31 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com

As for the recent post from customers, we have to apologize for the difficulties we had during the last week. If you read the news, Spain just had the biggest snow storm in history and we couldn't move from our homes for a little over 8 days. We even lost internet broadband for a few days in some areas (I did). Luckily everything is fine now.

For those looking for a faster shipping method, we offer DHL Express shipping, which only takes 48 hours to deliver to the USA. Is the best option IMHO.

Best regards.
Really.

Dude, you write this stuff like everyone here are new members. I'm not even a long time member and I clearly remember LOTS of very unhappy people. I would never do business with you based on that alone. Conveniently, that sticky is gone now so it's impossible to go back and verify your claims. Either one of two things were happening, a cabal of climate control switch makers were collaborating to foul your good name or you had a crappy product and service to match.

Interestingly, user Dkeating above who at the ends talks how he got emails back from you and how great your product is has 5, yes 5 posts. All in THIS thread. Hmmm.

That wouldn't be a spam post would it?

Presto (01-20-2021)
Old 01-19-2021 | 11:57 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
Dammit, how do those keep happening, and with such eloquent writing too.... LOL
I've heard that Clemson has become a mecca for bots. Just sayin'.

Quick Reply: Any clima repair deliveries since November?