Originally Posted by MrIncredible
My mistake, I missed that part.
thanks guys

imo you cant go wrong with the

- dtm
- moshammer
- aliExpress
- oem emc2 retrofit

side skirts - all are very subtle + clean and for the most part look like factory issue upgrades. hahah some actually are and some are styled to mimic oem upgrades.

the techart ones are based on the oem 996 aeroPackage - but i just think that it looks too 'heavy' (for my tastes at least).

id get the ones that have the best fitment + ease of installation. imho.

Last edited by myw; 09-15-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-15-2022, 02:04 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 571 Likes on 340 Posts

imo there will be a buyer going for the for traditional 996 era aeroPackage look.

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
I had these on my C4S when I first bought my car. They needed to be removed because they were blocking the yellowing rock guards that needed to be replaced. And adding insult to injury, they were for a NB car and my C4S being a WB, they used caulking to fill the gaps. It was horrible. I still have them sitting on the side with no plans on ever using them.
Old 09-15-2022, 02:05 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 571 Likes on 340 Posts

on mine, perfectly fine - i did ask the body shop as well as paid attention when my car was up on the hoist for the next oil change.

Originally Posted by mpath
With the decreased ground clearance, any issues with jacking up the car on either the front or rear jacking points? With my low-profile jack, clearance is already tight.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:21 PM
PowderJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 161 Posts

Bumping an old thread in hopes someone has done this install. I picked up a set of Tech Art side skirts a while back and finally getting around to mounting them and looking for advice. A few questions for anyone who has installed these previously:

1) Did you remove the OE mudflaps
2) Did you use the screws that are currently in the rocker panels and thread them through the TA side skirts back in the rocker panels (I think these just fit up over the OE rocker panels)?
3) assume 3M tape to bond the side skirts to the rocker panel

Anything I am missing?
Old 04-27-2023, 03:30 PM
MrIncredible
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by PowderJunkie
Bumping an old thread in hopes someone has done this install. I picked up a set of Tech Art side skirts a while back and finally getting around to mounting them and looking for advice. A few questions for anyone who has installed these previously:

1) Did you remove the OE mudflaps
2) Did you use the screws that are currently in the rocker panels and thread them through the TA side skirts back in the rocker panels (I think these just fit up over the OE rocker panels)?
3) assume 3M tape to bond the side skirts to the rocker panel

Anything I am missing?
yea the OE mudlflaps need to come off. I think the screws get reused and then there are some screws underneath that line up as well if memory serves. 3M will help to keep them to the rocker, yes. However, there’s going to be a gap and the top edge is visible when they’re installed. I would sand away the texture in the top edge of the side skirts and potentially taper it a bit so it’s not just a flat edge. Maybe the body shop has some ideas to make it a cleaner install. Another thought is some kind of sealant that could be “caulked“ in there so the gap isn’t as noticeable. That was one of the reasons I got rid of mine. They always just looked tacked on. Good luck!
Old 04-27-2023, 04:07 PM
PowderJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by MrIncredible
yea the OE mudlflaps need to come off. I think the screws get reused and then there are some screws underneath that line up as well if memory serves. 3M will help to keep them to the rocker, yes. However, there’s going to be a gap and the top edge is visible when they’re installed. I would sand away the texture in the top edge of the side skirts and potentially taper it a bit so it’s not just a flat edge. Maybe the body shop has some ideas to make it a cleaner install. Another thought is some kind of sealant that could be “caulked“ in there so the gap isn’t as noticeable. That was one of the reasons I got rid of mine. They always just looked tacked on. Good luck!
Thank you! Very helpful. I finally got all the old 3M tape off so I plan on test fitting before i add my own 3M tape to see how they look.
Old 06-23-2023, 10:58 AM
JackieDaytona
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Anyone ever mod the 2011-2012 flared side skirt from the gt3 rs to fit a narrow body? Seems like it would be less work than all the cutting to get 991 skirts to fit a 997.
i like the moshammer style skirts from better bodies but to buy them it says i have to go to the bank and deposit money directly into his acct, which obviously seems sketchy at best.

Last edited by JackieDaytona; 06-23-2023 at 10:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Side Skirt options