997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Upgrade? (2006 C2 997.1)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2020 | 10:33 PM
Alexthager
AutoX

Default Suspension Upgrade? (2006 C2 997.1)

Hey!

I’m a bit of a novice of when it comes to working on cars, so I thought I’d ask for some advice!

I’m a proud owner of a 2006 997 C2. It’s got about 128,000 miles — and it’s been bulletproof and a blast for the time I’ve had it.

However, it does seem to have a pretty rough ride nowadays. It’s completely stock, so my thinking is that the suspension is simply worn.

I’m not looking to track my car anytime soon — but what would you recommend doing to help the ride quality, and maybe give a slight performance bump?

Not trying to spend an irrational amount, but any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you.

Last edited by Alexthager; 10-09-2020 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-09-2020 | 11:45 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

If your car is 99% a street car that you do some fun little blasts in, I would consider the Bilstein replacement shocks that are a slight upgrade to your current shocks (like the B6 or B8) and possibly some new springs if your car has the OEM springs and ride height. Eibachs are more mellow than H&R. If you like the current ride height, it is unlikely your springs are shot. In some cases I feel like coilovers is overkill. You could get a little fancy and get new bump stops and even top hats...if you want to be a bit more thorough but if you want a slight upgrade from OEM replacing the shocks with B6 (more like stock but slightly more aggressive) or B8s (a bit more aggressive than the B6). BTW, more aggressive does not necessarily mean more harsh especially if your current shocks are blown.

Last, if you are like me, you want all the info, so also look into KW V3s and Ohlins Road and Track. Bilstein makes coilovers but if you are PASMless, it is hard to beat KW and Ohlins.

Quick Reply: Suspension Upgrade? (2006 C2 997.1)