997 c2 Battery Cable TIPTRONIC

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 04:36 PM
jdsculler
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 997 c2 Battery Cable TIPTRONIC

2007 997 Carerra. Tiptronic

I am trying to replace the battery cable and can not for the life of me figure out how to disengage the two connectors in the picture. They are way back in along the transmission and I can not figure out how to get to them. One seems to push down into a hole or something on the upper right side of the transmission. The other seems to push towards the back of the car into the cable tray. I can not get my hand to them anyway I try.

I have both plenums out. I removed the power steering reservoir. I moved the AC pump to the rear of the car. I got the first two "blade" clips off the cable tray. I got the connection block off the transmission under the car.

How do I get these two "plugs" off, and later how do I get them on?

Do I have to take the right manifold off?

Any ideas?

Old 09-04-2020, 11:02 PM
jdsculler
Rennlist Member

I think I figured out how to get the left one out from below with a long set of needle nose pliers. The right one is a mystery. Any ideas?

Old 10-09-2020, 06:28 PM
jdsculler
Rennlist Member

Well to finish the story....

I could not get the cable out. I replaced the starter, and cleaned the terminals at the middle joint and at the front connection in the frunk, and the slow start went away.

I also was going to do the AOS and hoses at the same time. This car had the AOS on the front left side of the engine. (Most of the videos on line are for an S with the AOS on the right side over the engine.) This car has a TIP and I could not see how to get to the bolts that hold it in place. After a couple of hours fretting over it, I could see no way to get to it with out pulling the transmission or maybe the engine, which I was not equipped to do. A man has to know his limitations. I put it all back together and surrendered and took it to my local guy to finish the AOS.

Interesting I had oil through out the plenums and found that there was oil / dust mung on a lot of the right side of the engine. It turned out one of the hoses was cracked and was letting oil fumes into the engine bay. The hoses cost more than the AOS. I bought new ones and am really glad I did.

So lessons learned
  • Replacement of the AOS on a TIP is "different"
  • Buy new AOS hoses.
  • Some times the slow start is just a starter with 77,000 miles on it.

Quick Reply: 997 c2 Battery Cable TIPTRONIC