Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone dislike the DSC Sport Controller?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2020 | 05:07 AM
Unframed
Racer

The stock 997 suspension has a lot of brake dive.

I don’t think a DSC controller alone can fix that.
Old 09-02-2020 | 10:25 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Unframed
The stock 997 suspension has a lot of brake dive.

I don’t think a DSC controller alone can fix that.
Actually it can, or at least work to minimize it. There is a set of settings specific for braking. The system measures brake pressure and you can apply an increasing front shock stiffness as you increase brake pressure. Out of the box, the DSC controller does not use this feature for our cars, but you are welcome to use it. As I understand it, it is there for front engine cars like Vipers and Camaros. And like all settings in DSC, you can create a different set of settings for Sport and Normal mode.

Mr/Ms Zakowski, our cars, no matter the model, should never dive the front bumper into the ground from just braking... something is very wrong with your car.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 09-02-2020 at 10:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
vokain (04-17-2023)
Old 09-03-2020 | 02:34 AM
Zakowsky
Racer

Thanks for the feedback - hmmm. This was a pretty severe stop - I was accelerating to get on an on ramp and got cut off badly by a very slow car. Went from hard acceleration to ABS. Very sticky road and new P-zeros up front.

Since the car is still bone stock pretty much I need to decide on what to do first, so maybe I should stop by a tuner in town here and see what they think.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 01-12-2021 | 07:05 PM
4ptss
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 4ptss
I was not super impressed with the DSC on my 997.2 for street driving ( actually felt rougher than stock ) but once I got the car on track it was night and day! I will say that I have not tried adjusting any of the settings or parameters as I just unboxed the unit and installed it.
Ok so I finally pulled the DSC box from my car and installed the tuning software since it seemed like I was about the only one not that impressed with the unit. Once I downloaded my DSC file that it came with and started comparing it to the base file on their site my numbers were way off! Under the Accel tab my numbers ( that came preloaded from DSC ) were timer:200, TPS Rate:100 & Speed 20 VS the file on the site which is Timer: 2000, TPS 70 & Speed 60. Now that I have installed the newer file the car rides 100 times better than before and it actually changes the suspension now when I go to sport/sport plus ( before it had the same settings for both maps ). Hopefully this might help someone if they feel that the ride is harsher than stock to check the settings.
The following users liked this post:
vokain (04-17-2023)

Quick Reply: Does anyone dislike the DSC Sport Controller?