Sponsored by:

Homelink help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 07:34 PM
eatumup
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink help

I need some help withe homelink for my 05CS.
I have an liftmaster garage door opener. I also have the Homelink Bridge as indicated required to work.

I can program the car to the homelink control. The fog lights flash when I hold the button for programming.
When I put my garage door opening in learn mode the instructions say that the light is supposed to blink when it links the new remote.
When I hold the programmed button in the car down while the garage door opener is in learn mode, the garage door light blinks to indicate that its programmed.

Next nothing happens. The button won't trigger the garage door opener. I have tried this with all three programmable buttons.

Am I missing something?
Old 08-08-2020, 09:37 PM
jwex16
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Try this

After hitting the learn button try pressing the button in the car two or three times. No need to hold it down
The following users liked this post:
Petza914 (08-09-2020)
Old 08-09-2020, 03:34 PM
eatumup
AutoX

Originally Posted by jwex16
After hitting the learn button try pressing the button in the car two or three times. No need to hold it down
Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a shot and no dice.

I did notice something else on this go. Unless I misunderstand the owners manual, the indicator light should light up when I press the homelink button in the car to indicate its transmitting a signal. Ive noticed that once I program the function the light wont turn on when the button is pressed. If I clear the memory the buttons will make the lights flash to enter program mode without issue.

Assuming this is indicating that the car is not transmitting, does anyone have any pointers?
Old 08-09-2020, 07:40 PM
eatumup
AutoX

For anyone else reading along, it looks like i got it working. retrying the code cycle programming method for the gazillionth time it seems to be working now. Something I noticed that might make someone else thing its not working is the response time. When i use the controller for the garage the door responds immediately. I seem to have to hold the homelink button down for a second before the garage door reacts. I also seem to have to wait 20 or 30 seconds before i can send the signal again. That is i cant get the garage door to pause mid open like i can with the controller.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:18 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Not to hijack your thread, and I'm glad you got yours working......but my question is, is the system in the 997.1 / 997.2 considered to be an actual "HomeLink" system?
The term is thrown around loosely however the system is proprietary and compatibility does require both the car and the operator to be of that type....at least as I understand it.
For instance......wife's 997.2 can pair with our older operator......but no luck w/ newer Benz or Taycan.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:12 AM
eatumup
AutoX

Its a 997.1 system I would think its an actual homelink since that's what its referred to in the owners manual. The link is fairly spotty. It usually takes me a few tries to get it to work. If it wasn't for having a vulnerable garage door opener in the car when im out id honestly rather just clip the actual remote to the visor.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:49 AM
scadams
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 120 Posts

FWIW, when I programmed mine I had to do it while parked in the driveway. For whatever reason the signal seems to be crap when I'm in the garage.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:37 AM
VT Blue
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 197 Posts

I just programmed my 997.2 this weekend for the first time. Yes, it's definitely Homelink and, yes, it's a little finicky. I did not have all of the issues @eatumup had, however, I learned to ignore any blinking lights (on the car or garage door opener -- same brand as the OP).

What worked for me was what I have the least of: Patience. I found I had to hold down the Homelink button in the car for as long as the owners manual suggested (~20 seconds) to get the button to blink slowly, thereby ready to 'learn' the new codes. Once I did that, everything went smoothly programming three doors.

Bob ×

Quick Reply: Homelink help