Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solenoid Vacuum Line Routing, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 02:02 PM
pkporschelife
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust) Solenoid Vacuum Line Routing, help!!!

Guys,
I have a 2006 with 3.8L & PSE ((Porsche Sport Exhaust) option . I barely bought the car and I realized that the vacuum solenoids are missing. To my understanding, it appears that the 3.8L has 3 solenoids. One behind and attached to the air box, then one on each side of the engine bay. Is this correct?

Also, I'm trying to figure out the vacuum line routing to each solenoid. I have bought the 3 replacement solenoids but I have all these lines which I can't really tell where they route to.

For example, the air box is missing the solenoid. Would like to get idea which vacuum line feeds this solenoid. Also, solenoid on left hand side of engine bay is missing.

Where do the lines connect on this solenoid as well?

Is there anyone with pictures/ diagrams that show routing of each vacuum line, to and from the solenoids?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pkporschelife; 08-10-2020 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Heading edit
Old 08-09-2020, 11:11 AM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Take a look at this thread - http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ng-needed.html

Here's the air box diagram:

Old 08-09-2020, 11:40 AM
rtl5009
Three Wheelin'

Received 681 Likes on 323 Posts

IIRC, and this is from memory there are 2 solenoids in the main vacuum system for intake actuators.

there is a source off the main vacuum line on the left side of the driver intake manifold (purple swirl that’s not really showing up). It’s not actually from the manifold, it’s from the vacuum pump on the other side of the motor but the pipe routes past the IM of the drivers side so it’s the best positional reference. It goes down to a rubber y connector Which then goes directly to one solenoid(Blue s) that controls the rear resonance intake cross of flapper (red rr). There is then a long black vacuum line for the remaining y port that goes through the driver manifold and back around the rear of the engine to the pass side and hooks into the solenoid (blue s) for the resonance flapper in the air box (red ab). And that’s it. The big green yellow rectangle are the intake manifolds. The rear of the car is bottom.

sorry for the ****ty drawing. I am sitting on the beach and can’t reference anything

Last edited by rtl5009; 08-09-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:43 PM
pkporschelife
AutoX

Thanks so much for the info. I have that diagram. But what I am looking for is which vacuum line connects to the solenoids. For example, the solenoid to the air box.

[QUOTE=jchapura;16831912]Take a look at this thread - http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ng-needed.html

Old 08-10-2020, 04:50 PM
pkporschelife
AutoX

Ha ha. I love your 'beach life'.

Thanks so much for the diagram. It makes perfect sense. Now, there is a slight issue. My car has PSE option (Porsche Sports Exhaust). And it appears like the routing of the vacuum lines is slightly different.
For example, the solenoid located on the right hand side of engine bay feeds the sport exhaust. And it also has a line that runs

in front of the engine bay. See image below.

What lines feed the airbox? Also, how is the routing of the solenoid on the left side of engine bay?

Do you have any info on this?

[QUOTE=rtl5009;16831952]IIRC, and this is from memory there are 2 solenoids in the main vacuum system for intake actuators.

there is a source off the main vacuum line on the left side of the driver intake manifold (purple swirl that’s not really showing up). It’s not actually from the manifold, it’s from the vacuum pump on the other side of the motor but the pipe routes past the IM of the drivers side so it’s the best positional reference. It goes down to a rubber y connector Which then goes directly to one solenoid(Blue s) that controls the rear resonance intake cross of flapper (red rr). There is then a long black vacuum line for the remaining y port that goes through the driver manifold and back around the rear of the engine to the pass side and hooks into the solenoid (blue s) for the resonance flapper in the air box (red ab). And that’s it. The big green yellow rectangle are the intake manifolds. The rear of the car is bottom.

sorry for the ****ty drawing. I am sitting on the beach and can’t reference anything
Old 08-10-2020, 09:12 PM
rtl5009
Three Wheelin'

Received 681 Likes on 323 Posts

If you have PSE it’ll have a 3rd solenoid to control the PSE valves. I’m not sure how it’s routed to be honest. But it’ll have a source off the main vac.

Quick Reply: Solenoid Vacuum Line Routing, help!!!