Sponsored by:

997.2 GT3 decklid on 997.1 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2020 | 01:36 PM
espressobar
Rennlist Member

Default 997.2 GT3 decklid on 997.1 C4S

Hi,

looking for anyone who’s done this (^title) before. Short version is that I have an opportunity to have the 997.1 Porsche aerokit bumper installed by the local Porsche body shop who I have experience with. The downside is that in order to do this I must match it with a Porsche decklid and wing that matches the aerodynamic profile within reason. Yes I do realize that the 7.2 wing is more aggressive that the 7.1 part. The part must be a Porsche part which as many of you know is NLA. I’ve located a 997.2 GT3 wing and decklid and Porsche has approved the install as long as I take care of the intake issues.. primarily the intake being on the right on the GT3 vs left on the Carrera.

I found an absolute steal on the K&N kit which despite some doubters in various forums, is sealed off and matches the GT3 decklid Intake perfectly. I did a half hearted test fit earlier today and before I installed anything I immediately noticed that my oil filler tube would be without support and bounce around doing lots of damage to the belt and associated accessories. The other option is the Fabspeed competition intake.. it has a bracket for the oil fil pipe but is an open element/somewhat exposed design. It would draw air via the fan inlet on the left and the air inlet on the right making it work somewhat better than on the standard Carrera decklid. It’s also about $800 more than this K&N set up that is surprisingly well made/designed. While I located a GT3 airbox.. there’s no place for the damned oil fill tube.

I’m stuck and looking for help for this rather unique issue. A plastic tube is in the way of progress!

Ideas?
Old 07-06-2020 | 02:38 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

I have the parts to do the conversion on my car, but have not completed it, as of yet.

The stock intake is replaced with a Fabspeed dual filter carbon intake, with water repellent pre-filters over them, to avoid any water getting in.

You could also throw a VF supercharger on, which would replace the stock intake as well. A little more pricey though.

If you dont mind me asking... how much did the 997.2 GT3 wing cost you from Porsche? I thought it was like $15k for everything?

Old 07-06-2020 | 04:05 PM
espressobar
Rennlist Member

So the Fabspeed option is the only option. Was hoping to find an alternative.
Old 07-07-2020 | 09:19 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Evolution Motorsports intake is a better option than the K&N - better outside air isolation,straighter air flow, and metal pipes instead of plastic.. Though I thought the K&N also had a clip to support the oil filler neck like the EVOMS one does as I had installed that one first, then returned it.

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 decklid on 997.1 C4S