997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2020 | 12:24 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Copied my first post that includes all findings over the course of a couple of days.
Old 06-16-2020 | 06:01 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

cheers - the top comfort has never worked for anyone. You need to have good voltage doing all this stuff. Connect a charger in "shop mode" or constant supply or whatever you have to keep the voltage up. The fans will behave as you've seen when using durametric.
Old 06-16-2020 | 06:48 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Just a note ... Lots of warnings to not use an inverter power supply with Durametric makes me concerned having a charger plugged in with it.

Additionally, after any ignition on I measured 5 amps of parasitic draw for 3 minutes dropping to almost 2 amps for an unmeasured time. No wonder my battery died in the midst of my playing!!!
Old 06-17-2020 | 09:36 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Just a note ... Lots of warnings to not use an inverter power supply with Durametric makes me concerned having a charger plugged in with it.

Additionally, after any ignition on I measured 5 amps of parasitic draw for 3 minutes dropping to almost 2 amps for an unmeasured time. No wonder my battery died in the midst of my playing!!!
Two separate things: inverter refers to using the car battery to provide inverter power for a computer (removing charge from Batt). Bad. Charger puts charge into batt. Good. As I said above, either a good battery or a charger/shop supply INPUT is required during durametric stuff.

Also, sounds like your battery is knackered, as we say down here.
Old 06-17-2020 | 11:27 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

During SIP it definitely discharged. But seems to have recovered now. Passes load testing. Only 11 months old. Surprised me ... The 5 amp parasitic indicated from my Fluke meter. It does drop eventually to 1.5 and then less. But I can see how a lot of ignition on off cycles without starting the car could take it out of the battery.

PS: That's what I figured on the inverter but better to freak out than screw up I figured. I've read enough translated manuals ...

Quick Reply: Durametric help please