Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right door light not working..not bulb

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2023, 01:39 AM
leloupgris
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just a thought, but I know that when you get a discharged battery or disconnected battery for a long time, some modules "lock" themselves for self-protection purposes I am guessing.
On my 2005 C2S, I had the heatead seats, headlights washers, garage door opener (homelink) and I believe also the lights you are all talking about not working. The fix is to perform a "handover" procedure. Very easy to do IF (emphasis on the "if") you have a PIWIS. After performing the hadover procedure, all the modules started working normally again. Maybe that's what happening for you guys as well?
Old 09-09-2023, 02:38 PM
Gundo
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Passenger door courtesy light not working also

Yep, same issue as above - my passenger door courtesy light is not working. The bulb tests fine. No current to socket.

For a wrinkle to above though, the light (led) for the door handle (there’s a small led behind the door handle and it’s onboard the window switch is not working.

Nor is my passenger door window switch, but the drivers side door switch works the window just fine.

As a bonus, I can now get door card off in about 7 minutes. Easy once you know.

Anyway, this is so frustrating!! I’ve even seen a post that says when re-connecting all of these wiring plugs, they need to be done in a certain order to get the ecu to recognize the door courtesy light and window switch. I’ve tried all combinations. No luck so far.

In terms of hardware, So far I’ve replaced:

the window switch, no change, part number 997.613.156.03

the window motor (which everything in door plugs into, and contains a chipset) no change 997.624.182.04.30

and I just ordered a new wiring harness (I don’t think this is the issue but I'm willing try anyway)

. Any help would be so vastly appreciated.

Gundo

Quick Reply: Right door light not working..not bulb