Sponsored by:

Right door light not working..not bulb

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 09:46 PM
mjposner
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Right door light not working..not bulb

My driver's door and both foot wells illuminate but not my passenger door. Tried swapping bulbs so not that, and wires look fine. Thoughts?
Old 06-10-2020, 06:33 AM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 268 Posts

The actual plugs in my doors are a little finicky. May be able to get a millimeter in there and make sure you're getting voltage, then adjust the prongs to make proper contact. Otherwise you'll have to trace the wiring to find where it's bad.

Cw
Old 07-01-2020, 08:27 PM
mjposner
Rennlist Member

Tested voltage on both sides of the plug, nothing. Maybe switch is stuck closed?
Old 07-01-2020, 08:46 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by mjposner
Tested voltage on both sides of the plug, nothing. Maybe switch is stuck closed?
Perhaps so... Did you test the wires going into the plug? Check there and then trace back.

Cw
Old 07-02-2020, 08:23 AM
mjposner
Rennlist Member

"Did you test the wires going into the plug" Yes nothing.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Pbrad
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Have had same thing since buying the car. No fix with bulb change.

Did a foxwell diagnositic scan and the door light blinked 10 times rapidly, so obvious getting power.
Threw the code 8003 and "entry light" Tried to clear but nothing to clear.

Anyone else???
Must be the black cabriolet thing
2009 4S cab
Old 08-27-2022, 08:57 PM
jhollc
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m having the same issue on my 2008 c4s…. the passenger side curtesy door light and door sill doesn’t work when either door is open. Driver side works… even when I open the passenger side door… driver side door light and sill turn on.. but nothing on the passenger side door curtesy light or door sill light.

swapped the bulbs and the battery checks out okay too.

which fuse controls the passenger side curtesy light and door sill light?

thanks for the help
Old 09-16-2022, 12:28 AM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 195 Posts

Hmm, weird. I have the same problem on my 2010 C2. Passenger door courtesy light does not come on with either door, but the driver door light and all interior lights come on with either door. I assumed it was a bad bulb but haven't tried to swap it yet. How do you get the plastic light cover off the door courtesy light (I don't want to break it)? Thanks
Old 10-10-2022, 06:37 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Still troubleshooting this. It is not the bulb. No power the the passenger door courtesy light, and there is no backlight to the power window switch on passenger door (is there one?). Other interior lights come on normally when passenger door is opened. I had read elsewhere there is some electrical junction or chip in the door that powers the courtesy light that can go bad. Not sure if this is true. Anyone else had trouble with the passenger door courtesy light in a 997.2?
Old 11-26-2022, 09:33 PM
THE Z MAN
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm having the same issue with my new to me 2010 C2S.
not the bulb.
Anyone know where the fuse is?
Old 11-28-2022, 09:42 AM
8x57IRS
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 85 Posts

I found a picture for the cable, but I can not identify if there is some kind of switch that is activated when you open the door....

Old 11-29-2022, 04:17 PM
FlatHat
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Does the window drop ~.25" when you open the door? If not, it could be on of the plungers in the lock mechanism has gone bad so the car doesn't recognize the door is open.
Old 08-02-2023, 04:01 PM
C4S_suarez
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Any update or resolution to this thread? I have a 2006 Carrera 4S and have similar symptoms; Driver door light works, both footwell lights work but frunk, glove box, passenger door lights not functioning. Also noticed there is an engine lid light not working.
Old 08-20-2023, 04:17 PM
jhollc
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is my update. Still have the same issue.

All of my lights work but the Passenger door curtesy light (and the passenger side door sill which came factory installed on my car). All the frunk and engine bay lights come on fine, backlight to the power window switch comes on when the head lights are on. All other interior lights work fine too. So, everything else works except the passenger door curtesy light and door sill light. I 'm getting the "8003 door entry error code" when I scan it with my icarsoft scanner, but it will not erase.

I don't think it is the door switch because when I open the passenger door the driver door curtesy light and door sill turn on (even when the driver side door is closed) and the passenger window lowers when the passenger door gets opened.

So what controls the passenger door curtesy light? Is there a fuse or "Computer module" that needs to be reset or changed?

If I get the expensive durametric diagnostic tool will that help in trying to find out what is wrong with the passenger door curtesy light or if the "computer module" needs to be reset/reprogram?

Thanks for everyone's help.

JoeyO

Last edited by jhollc; 08-20-2023 at 04:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-22-2023, 03:50 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jhollc
Here is my update. Still have the same issue.

All of my lights work but the Passenger door curtesy light (and the passenger side door sill which came factory installed on my car). All the frunk and engine bay lights come on fine, backlight to the power window switch comes on when the head lights are on. All other interior lights work fine too. So, everything else works except the passenger door curtesy light and door sill light. I 'm getting the "8003 door entry error code" when I scan it with my icarsoft scanner, but it will not erase.

I don't think it is the door switch because when I open the passenger door the driver door curtesy light and door sill turn on (even when the driver side door is closed) and the passenger window lowers when the passenger door gets opened.

So what controls the passenger door curtesy light? Is there a fuse or "Computer module" that needs to be reset or changed?

If I get the expensive durametric diagnostic tool will that help in trying to find out what is wrong with the passenger door curtesy light or if the "computer module" needs to be reset/reprogram?

Thanks for everyone's help.

JoeyO
Exact same behavior on my 2010. The passenger door courtesy light does not work, even though the door switch and all other lights work properly. Seems very strange, might be some relay or coding that is specific to the passenger door courtesy light that is not working. I have not take the door card off yet as it isn't worth the headache for me to troubleshoot yet. It is possible it is a simple wiring problem to that light in the door.

Quick Reply: Right door light not working..not bulb