997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build Thread: 2005 Carrera S - Gen V LT1 Swap - Tiptronic to Manual Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2023 | 05:53 PM
Racecardriver16
Rennlist Member

one more tid bit of interesting information. I got the itch so I ran down stairs and fired the car up, with the crank position sensor piggy backed to the DME. I logged again, and still had no change in the AC compressor bit. I verified the ECU saw the RPM ( 246 byte 2/3) and it does.

so maybe there is something else going on.
Old 08-23-2023 | 07:20 PM
superman22x
Rennlist Member

Even with the RPM reading, I wonder if it doesn't say engine running while the ECU is keeping fuel or spark off? Hard to know without probing that engine running bit.
Old 10-29-2023 | 09:27 PM
superman22x
Rennlist Member

I've been working on my 0A2 swap piece by piece. I am adapting a full LT1 flywheel to the twin disc Porsche pressure plate, and converting the splines to Audi splines with an insert. I had a plate of Mic6 precision cast aluminum welded to the bellhousing to save a little space. I milled off some of the bellhousing as well. This lets me close the gap between engine/trans to keep the axle angles good whole still making space for a larger diameter flywheel.

For mounting, I bolted some square bar and connected it to a plate where I machined a piece of round stock to sleeve the OEM 997 mount. The 0A2 differs slightly from a cayman transmission in this area, the Cayman would have bosses on the end of the case.

​​​​​The shifter mechanism is a work in progress. I had some leftover 7075 pieces, so I mounted the cables with those. Working on linkages to make it all work.

Once it's all in the car, I will need to remake the cross member. With the upsidedown transmission, the engine needs to sit a little bit lower. I'm a bit nervous about that, but hoping it's ok in the end!

The following users liked this post:
gtxracer (10-29-2023)

Quick Reply: Build Thread: 2005 Carrera S - Gen V LT1 Swap - Tiptronic to Manual Swap