997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant level

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020 | 11:23 AM
G.I.G.
Pro

As others have mentioned, try to identify if there are any leaks. Has it been at the low mark for a while, or is this the first time you noticed it? There could have been air in the system from the last time it was serviced, but you would usually notice the drop in coolant within a handful of drives.

Another option to top it off is with a bottle of Redline WaterWetter. It's cheaper than buying an entire bottle of Porsche coolant, and you should be able to get the coolant level back to where it needs to be with one, 12oz bottle. I'm usually a little skeptical of "miracle in a bottle" products for cars, but I know a lot of track guys swear by this stuff, and my Indy highly recommends it as well.

WaterWetter

If there are no visible leaks, I would just top it off and monitor it from there.
Old 04-21-2020 | 11:29 AM
Khloesdad
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by G.I.G.
As others have mentioned, try to identify if there are any leaks. Has it been at the low mark for a while, or is this the first time you noticed it? There could have been air in the system from the last time it was serviced, but you would usually notice the drop in coolant within a handful of drives.

Another option to top it off is with a bottle of Redline WaterWetter. It's cheaper than buying an entire bottle of Porsche coolant, and you should be able to get the coolant level back to where it needs to be with one, 12oz bottle. I'm usually a little skeptical of "miracle in a bottle" products for cars, but I know a lot of track guys swear by this stuff, and my Indy highly recommends it as well.

WaterWetter

If there are no visible leaks, I would just top it off and monitor it from there.
+1 on the Redline.
Old 03-01-2024 | 12:58 PM
Sundevil84
Rennlist Member

-->Sorry to raise a thread from the dead, but figure it would be better/helpful to keep all the information in one place….

My 2011 Cayenne S is leaking at the exact same spot and I could use some help.

1) I was going to the replace the vacuum pump (also leaking) right above this leak, do you think I will be able to reach and replace the O-ring if the Vacuum pump is out of the way?

2) Would removing the false firewall help and give enough room to reach the leak from the top? (Does the false firewall or intake need to be removed to get the vacuum pump out? I am getting mixed answers when I search?)

3) You said that you could reach through the wheel well? Do you think there would be enough room to get the hose out enough to replace the O-ring?

Other than dropping the motor and transmission does anyone have an idea of how I can reach the leak and replace the O-ring? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Sundevil84; 03-04-2024 at 12:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Coolant level