Interior Trim Paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 04:43 PM
Submariner2009
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interior Trim Paint

Folks,

As I will be at home with my kids for the foreseeable future, I'd love to tackle a couple of small but maddening trim pieces in my 06 S Cab, specifically where paint has chipped off over time in an otherwise super clean interior. Does anyone have a good paint suggestion for the following trim pieces on or near the seats?

Also, like most cars the red buttons in my seatbelts are covered with a nice layer of white (oxidation?) -- what's the best way to remove it?

Thanks all and be safe.

Side of front seat

Back of front seat

Old 03-27-2020, 12:26 PM
Submariner2009
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Folks,

Just wanted to reach out again and see if anyone knows what color this is or a way to patch it up?

Thanks and be safe!
Old 03-27-2020, 07:13 PM
ReelBigAndy
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty sure its called "Volcano grey", not sure how easy it is to get a hold of, but I remember this post: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-found-it.html

If the pieces you need to paint are not located right next to other factory volcano pieces, maybe try just finding a close match at autozone and spraying them (like the coat hooks for example)?
Old 03-30-2020, 12:50 AM
MeteorMark
AutoX

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Searching online I found someone recommended using ceramic coating on the oxidized part of the seat belt buckle. I gave it a try on mine and it turned out pretty well.

Quick Reply: Interior Trim Paint