Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 12:18 AM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris M.
I’m a sucker for pops and bangs. If you mean on the overrun, tell us more please. Is that a separate bit of tuning or is that part of the standard package? Car is a 2010 3.6 6 speed with center bypass, aftermarket valved muffler system, and stock cats. Thanks
The pops and bangs is on decel are load based so if you accelerate lets say to 6k and then let off the gas you get the pops and Bangs or AKA gurgles etc. Softronic along with all other features are standard and at no additional cost.

I hope this helps,
Scott

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:26 AM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by lowbee
I have Softronic tune on my 997.1 3.8 for a few years now and I plan to switch out the factory CAT pipes with a pair of 200 cell CAT pipes. Can my existing tune adjust for these hi-flow CATS automatically or do I need an update file from you ?
Hello,
You are good as the 200 cell cat pipes if of quality should not cause a CEL as they should be efficient in scrubbing the HC and if not then they would be no better than just non catted ones or aka cattless . You can save now if you like from our offer of 10off or feel safe to know you can buy any quality cat 200 cell cats from any other vendor and use them with our ssoftware.

Best,
Scott
Old 02-12-2020, 07:01 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Softronic
The pops and bangs is on decel are load based so if you accelerate lets say to 6k and then let off the gas you get the pops and Bangs or AKA gurgles etc. Softronic along with all other features are standard and at no additional cost.

I hope this helps,
Scott
Are there any sound clips available? Does the software raise the redline?
Old 02-12-2020, 11:35 AM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris M.
Are there any sound clips available? Does the software raise the redline?
Hello,
We posted a clip of a race car at: https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...enix-area.html
Keep in mind that the car has headers and no mufflers so its louder than what a car would have with one. Now as far as the red line we can for man trans yet not normally for street cars .

Best,
Scott
Old 02-12-2020, 03:11 PM
txbdan
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

Can you elaborate on what makes the different tuner company's approaches different? Are they all modifying the same parameters in the same tables just with different values? Or are there fundamental differences? Tuners always elude to having "deeper" access into the guts of the ECU, but what does this really mean?
Old 02-12-2020, 04:02 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Yes and the X51 goes to just over 400. The gains are good for the 997 3.8 and better than typical for a port injection NA cars. The DFI NA cars all do well in tuning compared to the port injection as a rule.
is this only on DFI cars or .1 3.8s too?
Old 02-12-2020, 04:08 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 247 Posts

Hey Scott, it would be great if you can implement launch control for 997.1 manual cars (I have this feature with Cobb AccessPort on a different car).....I would gladly pay an incremental amount to upgrade my existing tune

Hum.... I can see how it might be difficult to set the desire launch RPM without a user interface......Maybe a mobile App tie to a Bluetooth OBDII dongle
Old 02-12-2020, 06:04 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GBX
is this only on DFI cars or .1 3.8s too?
Hello,
Its on all our software so yes the .997.1, 997.2, 991,991.2 and even the 992.

Best,
Scott
Old 02-12-2020, 06:26 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by txbdan
Can you elaborate on what makes the different tuner company's approaches different? Are they all modifying the same parameters in the same tables just with different values? Or are there fundamental differences? Tuners always elude to having "deeper" access into the guts of the ECU, but what does this really mean?
Hello,
Well I dont like to talk about other tuners on what they can or cant do . I tune all Porsche cars on a binary level as Porsche does or should I say Bosch or Siemens. This allows us to alter or change any part or section and we are not confined to a system or dongle. These only allow what they know of and show you in those maps. So if you wanted to change the idle of a 996TT , delete any fault codes in a 997 , delete a MAF in a GT3 to run as a Cup car I could yet if its not specifically in a listed map many would not be able to. Generally speaking Im aware of all the systems and they are limited yet are made so someone without allot of knowledge can change some timing ,fueling, boost pressures etc. Most companies sell files yet they dont actually make them this includes parts retailers and actually some tuners....

Feel free to give me a call and I can discuss more if you like and have questions.

Best,
Scott
Old 02-12-2020, 07:12 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by byroncheung
thanks. any dyno plots available? (can't find them on the website)
Ya, I'd love to see some HP plotting as well, for whatever reason, we rarely if EVER see dynos here for the 997. I find it a little odd why we never see independent dynos for before and after, with aftermarket products for the 997, There are tons out there for parts for WRX, Evo, S2000, 350/370z, even BMW M cars, yet the the 997 costs more than ALL of those cars and yet we don't see any dynos. This is why I have done NOTHING to the engine of my 997, yet to my other cars, I have done a lot in the past. I can't imagine that it is due to 997 owners or tuners not having enough money to pay for them? (hell, half the WRX crowd are teenagers and in 20s, yet they have a tone of dynos). WTF is going on, its like some be conspiracy or something?

A quick question, I don't like the idea of rev matching on a regular basis, but I find that I would be probably a little quicker if that was a system I could use at the track, but turn off on daily drives and canyon drives. In other words, might be a tiny bit easier to close the lap time gaps to a PDK car if there was a rev match system that could be added. Is this soemthing you offer as well, and can it be turned on and off, on the fly?

Last edited by rodH; 02-12-2020 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:18 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

No we dont list them like Porsche , as you can basically make them for whatever you want or not.... Many of the companies that post dynos are also made up ones with software and are not actual ones, they are to clean like what Porsche puts in your owners manual .....
oh geez, nevermind, looks like I should have kept reading before I posted my last comment, and another product with no Dynos .
Old 02-12-2020, 11:41 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rodH
oh geez, nevermind, looks like I should have kept reading before I posted my last comment, and another product with no Dynos .
I have posted below several dynos to show real from generated ....

This was done in 2008 on a 2008 997SS 3,8 and on a Mustang stock and flashed Softronic 12 years ago.....

This was a 2007 3,8S engine that had a flash from another tuner, mufflers and catless cross over pipes. It was done on a Dynapack in which is almost on in actual HP and reflashed with Softronic as the base file was a bit less than stock even with a different tuners file. This was from 2016.

This is a 3.8 Gt4 just to show the 3.8 in one as its about the same engine that is in the 3.8S showing an original and tuned from Softronic and the car was all stock and running 91 octane in 2018. This car was 385hp stock and 410 flashed yet notice the gains in the low end dead spot.Its not always about the top number . We typically bring these up to 420-430 with 93 and some other change's.

This is what I called a artist rendition of a GT4 dyno. Notice how nice it looks? Its like what Porsche uses it looks very clean ....... A customer sent it to me.

This if you read at the bottom is an auto generated dyno and another auto artist rendering.... This site does mention it at the bottom though.

Last edited by Softronic; 02-13-2020 at 03:02 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:45 AM
TopKatz
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 88 Posts

Graphs should only be used to compare same car, same dyno and you could argue same day.

You pick your product based on lots of factors. Comparing the horse power and torque numbers between tuners is not really one of them. The advertised results should be similar assuming the cars are the same. If they are not it’s not apples to apples.

You should however consider the products features and the tuners reputation.

just my .02

The following 2 users liked this post by TopKatz:
GT3FZS (04-06-2020), JC997 (11-15-2021)
Old 02-14-2020, 03:59 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up

Hello All,
Do to a mistake on our part the coupon expired yesterday so some people were not able to use it. We have changed the end date to Feb 17, 2020 to allow those to be able to purchase over the weekend .

Best,
Scott
Old 02-14-2020, 04:57 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 86 Posts

Unfortunately you have to use for all 997 and 987 or 987.2 or 997,2 a PC laptop of Win 7 or higher. You can use a MAC if you have WIN10 or Win7 installed and it boots up as one. This used to be called Bootccamp.... CA 91 RON/MON isnt an issue yet many use 104+ octane boost when the fill up if you want some more power. Many customers keep a bottle in the car and dump it in when filling up so there is no mess. The choice is up to you if you want to use it or not.
Will a Windows Surface work? That’s the only Windows device I have and it’s old, a Pro 3 running Windows 10.

Quick Reply: SOFTRONIC IS NOW ON RENNLIST