Sponsored by:

New 997.1 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 09:30 AM
mjposner
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 116 Posts

For the new owner: https://www.carsandcoffeepb.com/

Large 911 contingency, usually in we park together in the Northwest corner, sponsored by 9 Motion a Palm Beach repair shop.

I will either bring my 911 or my other rear engined car (my Corvair)
Old 02-07-2020, 10:04 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

Welcome to the madness of Porsche ownership. Just go drive it and enjoy. She looks amazing!
The following users liked this post:
JEHolloway (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 10:18 PM
JEHolloway
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 04-09-2024, 06:04 PM
aasilvia
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Any updates on your ownership with this Lapis beauty? I've got an 06 C2 same color and was just glancing through the threads with Lapis cars.
The following users liked this post:
tegraphile (04-12-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 07:20 PM
JEHolloway
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aasilvia
Any updates on your ownership with this Lapis beauty? I've got an 06 C2 same color and was just glancing through the threads with Lapis cars.
Hey I traded Ingrid in. Why? Well after replacing the water pump, alternator, motor mounts, trim, windshield, cup holders, front and rear hatch switch, scratched console, scratched door panels where window switches are, refinishing fogged headlights, Porsche badges, key fobs, brake lines, tires, I had 911 PTSD every time it made a funny sound. It still needed control arms, bump stops, clutch, ims solution inspection and AC fan motor too. I said to my self I’m going to trade it for a 2023 Macan T with 500 miles on it that included 6 years of Porsche bumper to bumper warranty unlimited mileage and first 2 years of free service. And while I’m recovering from the trauma I’ll shop for a 997.2 stick with service records.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:49 PM
aasilvia
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow - totally get the PTSD thing with driving a .1. However, mine is a weekend car so I never really think about it. You must've daily drove yours? Anyway, appreciate the list you provided of issues. I'll certainly keep an eye out for these on my 997.1. My car isn't without issues either but I'm more of a DIY type so enjoy the unexpected repairs, masochistic as that may sound.

My list of troublesome areas though is currently limited to just two and they're cosmetic. Previous owner must have hit a curb or a parking stop, but the right passenger side lower front bumper has scratches and my headliner is making a racket. I've isolated the noise to the rear of the headliner, so I'm not looking forward to this repair.

I'm sure the Macan will provide you years of trouble-free ownership, and good luck on getting your .2!
Old 04-10-2024, 04:40 PM
JEHolloway
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aasilvia
Wow - totally get the PTSD thing with driving a .1. However, mine is a weekend car so I never really think about it. You must've daily drove yours? Anyway, appreciate the list you provided of issues. I'll certainly keep an eye out for these on my 997.1. My car isn't without issues either but I'm more of a DIY type so enjoy the unexpected repairs, masochistic as that may sound.

My list of troublesome areas though is currently limited to just two and they're cosmetic. Previous owner must have hit a curb or a parking stop, but the right passenger side lower front bumper has scratches and my headliner is making a racket. I've isolated the noise to the rear of the headliner, so I'm not looking forward to this repair.

I'm sure the Macan will provide you years of trouble-free ownership, and good luck on getting your .2!
Hi, it was not a daily driver. It was a weekend only car, in four years I put 8000 miles on the car. I miss the car terribly but not the constant maintenance requirements. I never let anything go I fix immediately and do so properly with no shortcuts. I have a good Indy in South Florida. Fortunately the dealer gave me what I paid after 4 years of custodianship.

Quick Reply: New 997.1 Owner