Sponsored by:

Build sheet Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 01:04 PM
roadie13
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by pktrusty
I know a lot of people are Porsche purist and I can appreciate that. I like the looks of the kit and from the Carfax, it looks like it was regularly maintained.

I have been out of the car scene for a while and getting back into it. I used to have a crazy Camaro Zl1. Fun car but there will always be someone faster and I am not trying to be the fastest car anymore lol.

I am capped at 30k for a car and while I like C6 Z06’s, I have always wanted a porsche. I was five minutes from scoring a deal on a 996 about a year and a half ago.

How noticeable is a S vs the base? The difference between the 4 and rwd is probably more preference.

if anyone knows and nice 997 under (preferably under 28k) let me know. This one has been posted a few times and I have been keeping track of it. A guy tried to sell it on consignment for too much and then it was repo’d from my understanding. He is asking 27k for it. Thoughts?

Also, it is my understanding the the IMs bearing is a non issue in 2006? That correct? This was built in 2005 as a early 2006 car.
The S version adds a litte bit more power, lowers the car, improves the brakes considerably, stiffens the suspension, tweaks DME and traction control programming, and adds PASM, ie the adjustable dampers. It's a desirable upgrade, though much of it can be retrofitted to a non-S car, the PASM being the trickiest item.