997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Value of a 2010 Carrera Cabriolet C2S Manual Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2020 | 02:04 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

I have written the seller and asked the questions, requested service documents and additional photographs, including photographs of the interior, in accordance with your advice.
I double checked and the car does have heated and cooled seats.
I am awaiting the information. I have learned a lot of information on the model 997.2.
Thank you!!
Old 01-06-2020 | 12:28 PM
Phrog Phlyer
Rennlist Member

If you type your VIN into this site it will show you lots of info - build date, price, colors, options etc. https://vinanalytics.com/

BTW you don't have an extra A body (71 442 conv) driver side A pillar original weatherstrip do you?
Old 01-06-2020 | 06:21 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phrog Phlyer
If you type your VIN into this site it will show you lots of info - build date, price, colors, options etc. https://vinanalytics.com/

BTW you don't have an extra A body (71 442 conv) driver side A pillar original weatherstrip do you?
Checking for the weatherstrip. I have also reached out to my friend who owns twenty (20) and I'm awaiting his response.

Thanks for the link!
Old 01-06-2020 | 07:27 PM
ManoTexas
Three Wheelin'

Minimize 1-2 maintenance outlay. Find out when plugs/coils replaced, if not within last 1-2 yrs you’ll have $12-1400 bill soon. Check pad life left, should be no issue but looking at pads/rotors will show you driving habits. Tires date/depth, date code could be issue at this point. Last brake fluid change, if >1yr, you’ll be doing that soon. Easy and cheap, but will need to do. Need DME for over rev report, oh gee, I have that non purist PDK so no over revs lol (apologies for sarcasm, but with large Belvedere I get touchy when feeling dissed for PDK-first non-3 pedal since college but love it).
Check top closely, I Raggtop clean/treat twice a yr. New top approx4-5k. Ask if HPFP replaced, it’ll go at some point. I was lucky and good willed by P NA. Due to age, you might not get lucky, it’s $2400 to replace.
Hope things work out and you’re ion 997.2 world, the perfection of water cooled!
Old 01-07-2020 | 12:03 PM
MVB
6th Gear

Here is a real world data point for you. I just purchased a 2010 C4S cab PDK 1 owner with 22k miles and 2 yr CPO warranty from Dealer for $59k. Car had list price of $127k so pretty well optioned. I feel like I paid top dollar for it and got hosed on my 2015 macan trade in but the CPO meant a lot to me as I am using it as a true daily driver into and out of Manhattan.
Old 01-08-2020 | 10:15 AM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ChristyT
Time of year might allow you to get it in the low 50's; there was a 2009 with 42,000 miles (also manual) that I looked at a local ford dealer end of last winter up here in Twin Falls. It sold for $48,000, also a 2010. I realized that for my cab/daily, I wanted a 991, as we (at the time) were planning on getting a 997 GT3. 997 more fun and raw; 991 more stylish and classy.

Try and find one at a cold weather dealership this time of year, such as Ford/Chevy. You will get a pretty good deal. Trust me; nobody in Montana/Idaho/Wyoming is looking at a cab this time of year.
I would take the opposite position and strongly recommend AGAINST someone buy a Porsche from a "cold weather dealership... such as Ford/Chevy/" Living in the Detroit suburbs (and previously Manhattan), I have plenty of experience seeing what kinds of sports cars / exotics those dealerships tend to take in and sell, as well as how they are treated and relative conditions. Or at least to do 150%+ of the typical diligence you would do vs. a Porsche or exotics dealer.

The discount is almost always for a very, very good reason and I would personally avoid.
The following users liked this post:
Doug H (01-10-2020)
Old 01-08-2020 | 03:10 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
I would take the opposite position and strongly recommend AGAINST someone buy a Porsche from a "cold weather dealership... such as Ford/Chevy/" Living in the Detroit suburbs (and previously Manhattan), I have plenty of experience seeing what kinds of sports cars / exotics those dealerships tend to take in and sell, as well as how they are treated and relative conditions. Or at least to do 150%+ of the typical diligence you would do vs. a Porsche or exotics dealer.

The discount is almost always for a very, very good reason and I would personally avoid.
I would also recommend that you avoid purchasing a Porsche from a "Ford or Chevy" etc dealership. In my experience, I've seen where most of the damage / issues that a car can end up with originate with dealers, or during the transition that a car makes between owners. Dealership personnel just do not understand, appreciate, or respect the vehicles and abuse - either deliberate or through accidental / negligence is commonplace. A Porsche at a domestic dealership represents an alien object to them - and purchasing from them just increases the risk that the car has been harmed.
The following users liked this post:
Doug H (01-10-2020)
Old 01-09-2020 | 08:21 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

2 month ago I bought my 997.2 S CAB with 21k miles and a long option list including crono sport package, PDK, full leather etc. I paid 58k.

Jack

Quick Reply: Value of a 2010 Carrera Cabriolet C2S Manual Transmission