Sponsored by:

Electrical problem -spoiler and hatch releases

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 06:44 PM
Lbi14lbb
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem -spoiler and hatch releases

997.1. 2006 911 coupe. Hatch release switch front and rear lights up but no response. Spoiler no response. Spoiler will function if I jump power to it. Are they controlled by the same circuit? Where is it or they located ?
Old 12-15-2019, 02:02 AM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,105 Likes on 414 Posts

Not sure about the electrical circuit on the rear deck lid/hatch, but there is an emergency cable located below the bottom edge of the driver-side rear tail light (it should be there unless someone messed with the tail light and forgot to position it correctly) with a loop at the end. If you have a thin-gauge wire with a hook, you can fish it out and pull on it to release the rear deck. It will suffice until you figure out the electrical issues. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:27 AM
Borealiss
2nd Gear

I would take the car to a mechanic.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:36 PM
Borealiss
2nd Gear

I don't know how to edit my comment, so I will type a new one. Problems related to electricity are terrible if you are asking me. I remember that one time, during winter, my wife's car had broken down because of an electrical issue and the heat was gone. The car was like the refrigerator. Fortunately, we have called someone from https://bates-electric.com/locations/minneapolis-mn/ and they have managed to fix the problem. It was a long night. She was going on a business trip and we were lucky enough for the car to broke down close to our home. I don't want to go through such thing ever again haha

Quick Reply: Electrical problem -spoiler and hatch releases