Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 Values

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2020, 10:08 AM
z driver 88t
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts

I bought my 996 about 3 years ago with the plan of picking up a 997.1 as they dropped into the upper $20s, so I've been following the market for about 3 years to track the pricing trends. They've actually started to bump up a little as of late. I was seeing a fair number of well kept 05-06 non-S models in the 80-100k mileage range for $27-$30K about 6 months ago, but that market has really dried up and I'm now seeing them mostly in the low $30K range. Here are a nicely kept S for $33K with full records. Seems to be one of the better deals out there.

https://mart.pca.org/ads/44929

Last edited by z driver 88t; 08-17-2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-17-2020, 10:56 AM
slowslowcar
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

I think I got a “market price” deal on my high mileage 2006 S. It’s so clean I feel bad driving it :/ I don’t know how the rest of you all do it with lower miles/garage queens. It’s a work of art!

128k miles
$24k

Last edited by slowslowcar; 08-17-2020 at 11:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
seoulshakers (08-18-2020)
Old 08-18-2020, 08:25 AM
KennyT993
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cosm3os
You won't find a good 06S (or 05 with IMS fix) or newer manual coupe for less than $30k. Ever.
A month ago I found an '07 C2S Cab on Pcarmarket with 74k on the clock. Passed PPI with flying colors but minor scoring in one cylinder (#6)- certainly a concern but not enough to make me walk.

Sticker was $112k and I paid $29,000 including the commission- the car is very clean with only minor wear and tear- I think it's great bang for the buck! Keep looking- they're out there

Last edited by KennyT993; 08-18-2020 at 10:16 AM. Reason: add photo
Old 08-18-2020, 09:34 AM
Courtshark
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Purchased my 07 C2 cab in May for $22k, basically by luck. I was in FL to buy one car but that deal fell through; I'd flown down planning to drive home, so I hopped on FB marketplace and boom, there it was. Original owner, outstanding mechanical condition, 68k miles, black on tan 6 speed. Car had absolutely baked in the sun, though. Body (paint) was ROUGH but straight. Needed new front tires, top has (still) functionality issues, interior was pretty tired, AC needed a charge, headlights were badly in need of polishing (they'd been treated, but the treatment was fading and cracking/chipping), and the stone guards looked like a parched petrified desert. I still think I got a whale of a deal. I've put probably $10k into it so far, some of it on aesthetics, and I'll gladly keep going. Love this car!

I've also continued to watch vehicle prices since buying, and I feel like I must have hit the lottery or something. If an 07 comes up even close to my price, it's got double the miles and is an automatic. To be sure, this car would scare away a lot of people as it was when I got it, and it's perfect for me, someone who enjoys putting in the work. Still, I'm fairly confident I got a steal.

Oh and in case you're wondering why green... I've wanted a green 911 since I saw one when I was 8 years old in the Porsche coffee table book Great Marques. It was green on tan/brown. Very 70s. Very awesome. I am over the moon in love with this color on this car. It is now The Quaaken (because ribbiit in German is quaak).

IrishLegend (08-18-2020)
Old 08-18-2020, 11:01 AM
slowslowcar
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Courtshark
Purchased my 07 C2 cab in May for $22k, basically by luck. I was in FL to buy one car but that deal fell through; I'd flown down planning to drive home, so I hopped on FB marketplace and boom, there it was. Original owner, outstanding mechanical condition, 68k miles, black on tan 6 speed. Car had absolutely baked in the sun, though. Body (paint) was ROUGH but straight. Needed new front tires, top has (still) functionality issues, interior was pretty tired, AC needed a charge, headlights were badly in need of polishing (they'd been treated, but the treatment was fading and cracking/chipping), and the stone guards looked like a parched petrified desert. I still think I got a whale of a deal. I've put probably $10k into it so far, some of it on aesthetics, and I'll gladly keep going. Love this car!

I've also continued to watch vehicle prices since buying, and I feel like I must have hit the lottery or something. If an 07 comes up even close to my price, it's got double the miles and is an automatic. To be sure, this car would scare away a lot of people as it was when I got it, and it's perfect for me, someone who enjoys putting in the work. Still, I'm fairly confident I got a steal.

Oh and in case you're wondering why green... I've wanted a green 911 since I saw one when I was 8 years old in the Porsche coffee table book Great Marques. It was green on tan/brown. Very 70s. Very awesome. I am over the moon in love with this color on this car. It is now The Quaaken (because ribbiit in German is quaak).
thats a ****in steal
Courtshark (08-18-2020)
Old 08-18-2020, 11:52 AM
Oneday997
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 133 Posts

I just sold my '06 C2S w/ 45K miles on it to a fellow Rennlister for $37,500. Was in very good condition and passed ppi with flying colors (e.g. no bore scoring, no paint work etc.). I probably under priced it a little bit, but had been worn down by scammers and tire kickers in past efforts to sell it. Glad it ended up with a fellow enthusiast who will enjoy it! I loved the car, but was only driving it 1-2K a year and figured I could put the money I had in it to better use + as blasphemous as it may be, I find myself reaching for the keys to the Cayenne GTS most of the time anyway. I definitely miss the car, but I don't regret selling it if that makes any sense.

My sense is that provided we avoid all out economic meltdown, the values for good examples will stay stable at a minimum and would expect them to rise a bit as good, mechanically solid, and clean examples become harder to find.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:00 PM
IrishLegend
Three Wheelin'

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

Love the green! I'm thinking about wrapping in "Irish Green". Where did you get the front bumper spoiler?
Courtshark (08-18-2020)
Old 08-18-2020, 02:42 PM
Courtshark
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishLegend
Love the green! I'm thinking about wrapping in "Irish Green". Where did you get the front bumper spoiler?
cheap ebay pick up, remarkably decent!

Quick Reply: 997.1 Values