Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible amp issue.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2019 | 10:29 PM
Khloesdad
Rennlist Member

Default Possible amp issue.

I've notice lately there is a small pop sound in the passenger door speaker when I open it and get in. As I'm driving with the radio off I notice the same pop which seems to be affected by movement, {taking off or stopping}. When the radio is no, sometimes its like the amp goes dead and its mono sound for a few seconds then back to normal. Some history. Prior to my purchase, A few years back the owner took it to the dealer for radio related issues and was replaced under warranty. Its almost like a plug is connected but is loose fitting or just barely connected and is affected by movement. Anyone here had the factory radio out? Is it a PITA? I'd like to start tracing. Thanks for any advice.
Old 12-07-2019 | 11:27 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

i would go to a dealer, tell him the story. let them look up the repair and ask if they will trouble shoot it for free, and consider if they may make the repair if it is equipment fault.
Old 12-07-2019 | 11:29 PM
snaphappy
Pro

Do you have an audio cable plugged in? You know, the kind you connect to your phone via the headphone jack? My audio cable makes weird sounds laying on the floor, until I plug it into my phone
Old 12-07-2019 | 11:45 PM
Khloesdad
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by snaphappy
Do you have an audio cable plugged in? You know, the kind you connect to your phone via the headphone jack? My audio cable makes weird sounds laying on the floor, until I plug it into my phone
I do not. But I probably should check the jack under the console since its been off for painting a couple years back prior to my ownership. Fingers crossed

Last edited by Khloesdad; 12-08-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Possible amp issue.