Sponsored by:

Anyone PPF Hood & Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 09:19 PM
snaphappy
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Anyone PPF Hood & Bumper

I'm just wondering if my 911 will look a little odd with PPF on part of the car, but not all of the car? Especially in full sun? Is it noticeable? It's a black car. @Esoteric_Detail do you guys know? Thanks!!
The following users liked this post:
Esoteric_Detail (12-05-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 09:39 PM
lflouie
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by snaphappy
I'm just wondering if my 911 will look a little odd with PPF on part of the car, but not all of the car? Especially in full sun? Is it noticeable? It's a black car. @Esoteric_Detail do you guys know? Thanks!!
suggest doing the full front fenders, complete hood and bumpers. All of the edges should be wrapped then you will not notice where it ends. Suggest also doing 1 piece ocker panels and rear front fenders to eliminate stone chips.
Ohio Performance (12-05-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 10:13 PM
caitov
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I've got a black car as well. I have Xpel on all except for the roof and rear fenders and no one can ever tell there's any difference. Just make sure to use a good installer.
Esoteric_Detail (12-05-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 11:38 PM
n1gels
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I also have the entire front covered and I can’t tell any difference in color, texture, or shine. I had the leading edge of the roof done with an inferior product the year before and it has yellowed like the Porsche OEM shark fins. That color change is really obvious on a white car. Hmmm...I really should get that replaced.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:45 AM
holgum
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

My entire car has Xpel except for the rear. Can’t tell it’s there. My previous Porsches had full fronts and it wasn’t noticeable at all.

BTW I recently had an incident at the dealer where they dinged my door. Thanks to the Xpel, It didn’t go through the paint. Paintless dent repair and new Xpel on the door (reimbursed by dealer) but if it weren’t for the Xpel I would have had to repaint the entire door.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:43 PM
snaphappy
Pro

So it sounds like I need to do the fenders too or it will look funny? Maybe I’ll just do the front bumper. But I’d really like to do the hood
Old 12-05-2019, 02:59 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 87 Posts

So it sounds like I need to do the fenders too or it will look funny? Maybe I’ll just do the front bumper. But I’d really like to do the hood
It all depends, I don't like doing it unless there are absolutely NO rock chips or other imperfections. So being that my car was slightly used when I got it at 19k miles, I didn't bother, but I did get a new front GT3 bumper and since it was a new part and new paint, I had that done. It also depends on the installer, mine was really good about wrapping everything around the edges, so you couldn't see the lines where the product ends. You can't tell it has the protection on there and it doesn't change the color in any way, so it doesn't mismatch my other body parts
Old 12-05-2019, 03:01 PM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 174 Likes on 96 Posts

As others have mentioned, you should not notice any difference between a painted panel and a filmed panel. The MOST important variable to your car looking its best is the quality of who is installing your film. While the film is important, the installer is much more important.

We would encourage you to wrap at least the entire front end of the vehicle, the lower rocker panels, and the areas behind the rear wheels. These are the areas of your car that are most prone to getting rock chips.
  • Front bumper
  • Boot lid (hood)
  • Front fenders
  • Mirrors
  • Rocker panels
  • Rear wheel impact areas

We would definitely do the fenders, too, because they are prone to getting rock chips directly behind your rear wheels.
HRE Wheels . Vossen Wheels . BBS Wheels . Akrapovic Exhaust . Fabspeed Exhaust . KW Suspension

9801 Karmar Ct. New Albany, Ohio 43054
(614) 855-6855
Contact@EsotericDetail.com
EsotericDetail.com
EsotericCarCare.com
ESOTERIC on YouTube
Old 12-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 94 Posts

Yeah, the only time it is noticeable, is when only part of the body panel is covered. Like a car bra type thing. But you have to choose your installer wisely, not everybody can do a perfect job. And with the price of a front clip ( bumper, hood, doors and mirrors), you want that perfect job.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:10 PM
dmpslc
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 145 Posts

I have partial hood, partial fenders and bumper only. I'm the second owner and I'm not exactly sure how old the PPF is, but I do notice a very slight bit of yellowing. That being said - on my meteor gray car if you keep wax out of the edge you don't really notice it at all. If I replace it I'll get the paint corrected and go full panels - but I have no plans to do that any time soon.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:24 AM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

I'm planning on doing a full frontal PPF Xpel brand which includes front bumper, hood, side fenders and side mirrors.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:46 AM
e92insg
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I only did the front bumper, hood and headlights on my meteor grey 997.2 and I cannot tell at all. Neither can anyone I’ve told that it’s been film protected.

if I were to add another piece it would be to the roof instead of fenders
Old 12-06-2019, 01:30 PM
snaphappy
Pro

Originally Posted by Esoteric_Detail
As others have mentioned, you should not notice any difference between a painted panel and a filmed panel. The MOST important variable to your car looking its best is the quality of who is installing your film. While the film is important, the installer is much more important.

We would encourage you to wrap at least the entire front end of the vehicle, the lower rocker panels, and the areas behind the rear wheels. These are the areas of your car that are most prone to getting rock chips.
  • Front bumper
  • Boot lid (hood)
  • Front fenders
  • Mirrors
  • Rocker panels
  • Rear wheel impact areas

We would definitely do the fenders, too, because they are prone to getting rock chips directly behind your rear wheels.
How much do you guys charge, approximately? Would it be closer to $1000 or closer to $5000?

Quick Reply: Anyone PPF Hood & Bumper