Sponsored by:

Air bag light

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 09:01 PM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Air bag light

Hey Guys, totally satisfied with the way my hood respray turned out. It looks as good as it did coming off the showroom floor.

They did remove the hood to respray it and it was off the car for a good 4 days. I have no idea what they did with the car, but the airbag light in the instrument cluster is on.

To my knowledge, they didn't disconnect anything. I showed up a good hour early to pick the car up and they were still buffing the hood. The hood being off, the light in the frunk was on, and stayed on the whole time I was there. So if it had been like that since Monday..... My android radio did a reset and the time in my instrument cluster was way off, while it is normally dead on.

My research lead to possible low voltage. Please tell me what is the relation between the battery charge and the airbag warning light?????

And how do I deal with this from here???

Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:31 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

You need to fully charge the battery then use a Durametric or similar to pull the airbag code and reset it, then see if it comes back. Was your PSM light on too - that's a good indication the battery dropped too low at some point.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:28 AM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 94 Posts

Ok thanks. First thing I did when I got home is put the battery tender in the lighter receptacle. As for the code, it will have to wait in the spring since the car ain't going anywhere til then.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:17 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Steph1
Ok thanks. First thing I did when I got home is put the battery tender in the lighter receptacle. As for the code, it will have to wait in the spring since the car ain't going anywhere til then.
Common open circuits can trigger the airbag light. Just get a scanner that can read the SRS module and reset. Easy.
The following users liked this post:
Steph1 (10-26-2019)

Quick Reply: Air bag light