Sponsored by:

Lowering Springs for 997 C4

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 11:11 PM
SoCal997_Carrera
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lowering Springs for 997 C4

I have to get a set of new tires and was thinking if lowering the Carrera with Lowering Springs would be an upgrade for the car looks and performance.
Now it looks very lifted, especially in the back with a huge gap between fender and tires (2"+)
I am looking at H&R and Eibach Springs.
Any recommendations?
Do I need to purchase any additional parts?
The Suspension Shop will install them for me for about $450-600, which includes full alignment.
Besides scraping my lower front bumper, any other issues with lowering a 997?
Do the lowering springs affect life of the shocks?
Thank you for any feedback you can provide. This would be the first time I am lowering my car.
Greetings !
Old 09-12-2019, 02:47 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal997_Carrera
I have to get a set of new tires and was thinking if lowering the Carrera with Lowering Springs would be an upgrade for the car looks and performance.
Now it looks very lifted, especially in the back with a huge gap between fender and tires (2"+)
I am looking at H&R and Eibach Springs.
Any recommendations?
Do I need to purchase any additional parts?
The Suspension Shop will install them for me for about $450-600, which includes full alignment.
Besides scraping my lower front bumper, any other issues with lowering a 997?
Do the lowering springs affect life of the shocks?
Thank you for any feedback you can provide. This would be the first time I am lowering my car.
Greetings !

With a non S car, definitely H&R. Drop is about 1.25". Not a definite requirement but the drop will tuck your wheels further into the well so add wheel spacers to the tab for the right stance. Not a big expense but well worth it. Someone correct me if I'm off on this but I think 10mm up front and 15mm for the rears is what many are going with.

Have no idea if lowering springs have any affect on the life of the shocks. All three of my 997's have been lowered with H&R's and I haven't had any issues. Occasional light scraping of the front lip but that's easily fixed with fine sandpaper, some old newspaper, blue tape, a $3 can of satin black paint from Home Depot and about 20 minutes of your time.
The following users liked this post:
SoCal997_Carrera (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

You need to drive the car a bit after the springs are installed and BEFORE you get the car re-aligned.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:34 PM
SoCal997_Carrera
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you - very good info!
I will be looking for H&R if I go ahead with the lowering.
Right now my electrical issue came back although the shop did some repairs for & 1'k , but it didn't fix it....

I will have to do the paint job underneath my bumper too, I got it already scraped on a deep street ditch in an intersection.

Love the picture of your black Carrera!

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs for 997 C4