Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator "Slats"

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2019 | 01:40 PM
Astraelraen
Rennlist Member

Default Radiator "Slats"

I'm thinking about getting some bronze/gold wheels to go on my black 911. My Targa has silver radiator slats (whatever they are called) I think it will probably "clash" so to speak, especially when viewed at an angle where you can see both the front and wheels. (random picture from the internet)

Does anyone know how to remove these and/or re-paint them? They feel like plastic, but I may be mistaken. It looks like the standard color is probably black or some very dark grey.
Old 09-10-2019 | 02:56 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

I installed these several years ago and couldn't be happier. https://www.zunsport.com/en/Porsche-...=997.2%20grill

They cover all three intakes, hide the "slats" and give the whole front a streamlined flush look that's missing from these cars. The fit and finish is top notch, the paint is baked on and the grate material is not flimsy like so many of the DIY write-ups that use rain gutter meshes. They are easy to install, require no screws or drilling and keep debris from clogging the radiators.

As I remember I received them a week after I placed my order using PayPal, which they accept.
Old 09-10-2019 | 05:36 PM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

First of all, the easiest most cost effective way would be to have them wrapped, or wrap them yourself. Your question should be whether you will wrap them black and make them disappear or the color of your new wheels which would bring it all together !?!? The color choice of wrapping films is infinite and you could match the new wheels perfectly I am certain.
Old 09-11-2019 | 10:14 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Wrap them gloss black and add the Zunsport grills. Then also wrap the shiny silver window trim as that's the next thing that's going to look a little out of place once you no longer have the silver in the wheels tying together the rest of the silver accents.

On the wheels, get a nice deep or dark bronze, not the bright gold color. The right color bronze wheel is one of my new favorite wheel colors on both white and black cars - I have never grown to like black wheels on any car and now that minivans and Chrysler 300s are coming OEM with black wheels, it looks like that trend will finally die-off since it's become too mainstream.

Anyway, your car will look great with the bronze wheels.
Old 09-11-2019 | 01:31 PM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Yeah, what Petza said about the window surround trims. On my Targa, they were also wrapped in black and it looks great. Don't have much pics, but at least you can see that trim in black.

Quick Reply: Radiator "Slats"