Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ICarsoft POR II service reset?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 01:05 PM
LC997C4s
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently purchased the iCarsoft CR Pro Professional Multi-System Multi-Brand Car Diagnostic Tool, works perfectly for resets on my 997.1, my 958 and have used it on my non porsche vehicles as well.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:08 PM
Diamond Dog
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The Porsche dealer makes it sound like they scan and identify faults that only they can find with their "special" Porsche diagnostic equipment. Does the POR 2 find all of the same things? If not what doesn't it find that the dealer equipment does find?
Old 08-25-2019, 07:26 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond Dog
The Porsche dealer makes it sound like they scan and identify faults that only they can find with their "special" Porsche diagnostic equipment. Does the POR 2 find all of the same things? If not what doesn't it find that the dealer equipment does find?

I have the iCarsoft POR II and the Foxwell 520 Pro. The iCarsoft will read all the same faults as the dealer. The big difference is "programming" and "coding". The iCarsoft POR II is great at reading faults and clearing them, but there are certain faults that may need to be reprogrammed if a part is swapped out or a function needs to be activated/deactivated. . That is where the dealer has the advantage over the POR II. I purchased the POR II first, but then later realized I needed to be able to program some items as well. I got the Foxwell 520 pro so that I could program modules and have a few more features. It's interesting, but there are a few things the iCarsoft POR II does, like clearing the service light on 997 easily, that sometimes the Foxwell has issues with. Then there are times I need the Foxwell programming to pick up where the iCarsoft leaves me hanging. I have not had issues updating software. There are plenty of vids out there that show you how and it's easy.

Quick Reply: ICarsoft POR II service reset?