Sponsored by:

had my car lowered

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 10:33 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by snosk8luke
Wow... I’m sorry but this blows my mind. Coming from bmw forums where everyone knows every aspect of their build to the Porsche forum is totally different. I see this all the time where people just have a shop put **** on the car and the owner is clueless about sizing, offsets, suspension... etc.
anyways, car looks nice, just might wanna learn your car better.
First off im not clueless as to what the shop did, he asked me the size of my tires, they are 19” but i forgot the particulars on them. I asked the shop about the spacers and they said i may not need them. Ill take some shots of the car and may be someone can tell me what they think.

I have built plenty of race cars, motorcycles , karts etc.. i forget the wheel size and im clueless. may be you should go back to the BMW forums.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:41 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Wow... I’m sorry but this blows my mind. Coming from bmw forums where everyone knows every aspect of their build to the Porsche forum is totally different. I see this all the time where people just have a shop put **** on the car and the owner is clueless about sizing, offsets, suspension... etc.
What kind of rims are on your 997?

OzUltra HLT 19x8.5 and 19x11
Old 06-16-2019, 10:49 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SFZ GT3
Looks great! Use the same Eibach Pro Kit on mine and it came out perfect. Did add spacers and I feel it made it even better. PM me if you decide to go with spacers. I have a couple of sets left from my trial and error approach! Lol. Have literally 50 miles on them and we’re only installed once and then removed.

Love your wheels too!
Ill shoot some photos and post them up, thanks for the offer.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:10 AM
KLS
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

No hyperbole here.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:46 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Just settle down Came from two E46 M3's.and saw all kinds of similar questions on that forum. Not everyone had the answers to any and all questions. The questions you refer to are not the typical questions here but not at all unheard of . And I say this based on the join date of mine here (2007). A wealth of knowledge here about 997's and P-cars in general. And that's an understatement. Just like the BMW forums though, new owners come here to learn, not to be belittled of what they don't know. Nobody here knows everything about these cars but give him or her a break and share what you know. They'll thank you for it.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:22 AM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
feels great. Cleaned her up a little

Looks beautiful
Old 06-18-2019, 02:34 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,428 Likes on 2,701 Posts

Nice ride height - Very similar height to H&R Springs
Old 06-18-2019, 04:37 PM
snosk8luke
Instructor

Received 144 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
First off im not clueless as to what the shop did, he asked me the size of my tires, they are 19” but i forgot the particulars on them. I asked the shop about the spacers and they said i may not need them. Ill take some shots of the car and may be someone can tell me what they think.

I have built plenty of race cars, motorcycles , karts etc.. i forget the wheel size and im clueless. may be you should go back to the BMW forums.
I go back to that forum often but thanks for the encouragement. Blank Face.

Originally Posted by KLS
No hyperbole here.
None, lol!

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Just settle down Came from two E46 M3's.and saw all kinds of similar questions on that forum. Not everyone had the answers to any and all questions. The questions you refer to are not the typical questions here but not at all unheard of . And I say this based on the join date of mine here (2007). A wealth of knowledge here about 997's and P-cars in general. And that's an understatement. Just like the BMW forums though, new owners come here to learn, not to be belittled of what they don't know. Nobody here knows everything about these cars but give him or her a break and share what you know. They'll thank you for it.
No need for me to settle down as I'm not excited in the least bit. Yes, every forum has similar questions but I have noticed it more in this one opposed to others. New member or not, some things you just have to know imo. I'm not asking that you know compression numbers and gear ratios... but tire sizing and wheel/offset dimensions is a given on a car like this, If you're modding it. I needed help at some point too learning that stuff, but I was 16 and had a 81 vw rabbit.

Quick Reply: had my car lowered