COBB tuning for PDK 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 04:07 PM
Chris 911
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Default COBB tuning for PDK 997.2

Hi,
Have had my 997.2 C4S convertible with PDK for about two years, and added some mods along the way. At a cross road to sell or keep modding. As the 991 and now the 992 have shortened the shift times for the PDK I have wondered if this is just software or also hardware based. See that COBB tuning offers a PDK software mod, so wondered if anyone has tried it? Experience? Does it just change the shift points (rpm), or also shorten shift times? I added the sports package (my car was not fitted with Sport Chrono), and in Sport and Sport+, the shift times are reduced, so wonder if this reduces it even further?
Old 05-30-2019, 06:55 PM
scadams
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 120 Posts

I've got the COBB ECU & PDK Tune. It depends which PDK tune you put on. I flashed mine with the Aggressive tune in Feb and been running it since without issue. While I can't perceive a decreased shift time that's already faster than human reaction time from a stock PDK and Cobb doesn't state the reduced time from stock, it does feel different. Like in auto mode, for example, Sport feels like Sport+, and Sport+ feels kinda like a Sport++ if you will. IMO the Aggressive tune makes it feels like it should have from the factory. If you decide to get it, don't forget to do the PDK re-learn after the flash. If you've never been thru a PDK re-learn, it makes terrifying sounds during the process that are completely normal. Below are the notes straight from Cobb's site.

Porsche 997.2 Carrera PDK

1. Increased Minimum Shift Points
    1. This feature increases the lowest RPM at which the PDK will shift to the next gear in Normal and Sport drive modes.
Normal Mode:

Sport Mode:

1. Increased Shift Firmness
    1. COBB Sport and COBB Aggressive maps raise the shift firmness to help reduce clutch slip.
  1. Minimized Continuous Clutch Slip
    1. COBB Sport and COBB Aggressive maps decrease the RPM at which the clutch is engaged in continuous slip, generally between 1000-2500RPM.
  1. Decreased Shift Time
    1. COBB Aggressive maps decrease upshift and downshift time
  1. Summary
    1. COBB Sport: Increased minimum shift points, shift firmness increased, and continuous slip decreased.
    2. COBB Aggressive: All COBB Sport features plus decreased shift time.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:57 PM
scadams
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 120 Posts

I should note that my 997.2 C2S is a daily with 110k mi.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:34 AM
Chris 911
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the input, I’ll put it on the list of possible upgrades 😊
Old 10-06-2021, 02:24 PM
snuvet75
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by scadams
I should note that my 997.2 C2S is a daily with 110k mi.
Scadams, how do you like your Cobb tuning so far? I understand it's been a year since you posted. And a gentleman in a different post mentioned that ECU update by the dealer has to be done before I plug in Accessport. Is that true? Personally, I have never heard of ECU update on an existing car. Please advise.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:47 AM
kgx
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Cobb made a dual paddle neutral capability!? ugh - that's probably the biggest GT3 feature I wish was on the TS lol

Quick Reply: COBB tuning for PDK 997.2