Sponsored by:

Radiator cooling fan Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 10:26 AM
apperception
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Radiator cooling fan Question

After owning air cooled (RSA #017, 88 Targa, 89 C4) I purchased an 06 997S I've now owned for 4 years. A couple of years ago, after a cooling fan malfunction that resulted in water temp elevated and smell of coolant, I had both fans replaced. I'm in Georgia where the temp has been in the 90's lately. I noticed the other day that only the passenger side fan was coming on, but no high coolant or oil temperature. I usually drive with the A/C off (Fabspeed), but when I turned the A/C on, both fans came on and after turning it off, both seemed to be working. I love my Indy (Goldcrest Motorsports), but they are 1.5 hours away which usually requires either two rides from friends/wifey or a rental car. They suggested it's more likely a connector than a bad fan, which seems to make sense.

So, are there any conditions in which only one fan should turn on? Since I am not showing an increase in water temperature, are there any suggestions for further trouble shooting suggestions?
I appreciate, in advance, any help from the brain trust.

Larry in Georgia

06 997S Seal/Cocoa
Old 05-30-2019, 11:15 AM
cwheeler
Three Wheelin'

Received 372 Likes on 268 Posts

See if there is someone near you with a durimetric or icarsoft and you can trigger the fans to test.

Cw

Quick Reply: Radiator cooling fan Question