Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Post :) New (to me) Porsche Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 07:57 PM
bradthe
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

MY 2006 C4S IS BLACK AS WELL...CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE, AND IT DOES LOOK GREAT!
THE ONLY THING I WISH MY CAR HAD THAT IT DOESN'T HAVE IS PPF!
BLACK SHOWS EVERYTHING!!!! IF MINE DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE STONE CHIPS ALL OVER IT I WOULD DO IT. IF I EVER PAINT THE FRONT END I WILL ADD IT. YOUR CAR IS FRESH RIGHT NOW, AND IF IT WERE ME I'D DO IT. $2K SOUNDS WAY HIGH, HOWEVER, AND I WOULD SHOP THAT AROUND.
ENJOY THE BEAST!
Old 05-16-2019, 09:20 PM
Scoutiipippen
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bradthe
MY 2006 C4S IS BLACK AS WELL...CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE, AND IT DOES LOOK GREAT!
THE ONLY THING I WISH MY CAR HAD THAT IT DOESN'T HAVE IS PPF!
BLACK SHOWS EVERYTHING!!!! IF MINE DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE STONE CHIPS ALL OVER IT I WOULD DO IT. IF I EVER PAINT THE FRONT END I WILL ADD IT. YOUR CAR IS FRESH RIGHT NOW, AND IF IT WERE ME I'D DO IT. $2K SOUNDS WAY HIGH, HOWEVER, AND I WOULD SHOP THAT AROUND.
ENJOY THE BEAST!

Thank you bro...i will def do it. Crazy thing is...i got it quoted at a couple reputable places...and its high.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:56 PM
motown12
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoutiipippen
hey thanks for the input. I know you can't see everything via pics, but the dealer told me after the paint correction the car is pretty much flawless, he said it would be jaw dropping after the ceramic coating. The big issue was putting the PPF would only make sense if i keep the car for years to come, and thats my goal...but you never know what may happen in terms of taste or life choices, then the next buyer would inherit $2k worth of work. Oh well, i want to protect it regardless. The videos he sent me show some great paint....i had the Cquarts ceramic done on my tesla model s, and i still think the job was better done with this dealership
With a car in that condition I wouldn't worry about not recouping your money on the PPF. Unless you put crazy miles on it I would bet you would recoup most, if not all of your money. If you do decide to sell it at some point premo examples like yours are going to command a premium. Plus imagine how sick you would feel if you skip the PPF and you you see a deep rock chip gouge in your bumper or hood. Ugh..I don't even want to think about it.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:19 PM
chuckgm3
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoutiipippen
Hi, the wrap included front fascia, full hood, side mirrors, rocker panels and rear skirts. Just worried since its a black car. I got it quoted here in LA, and the price was $2500 to 3000. what im worried about is the rock chips while driving in Angeles MOuntains and it being a black car.
I got a quote today for $1700 for the front 1/3 (forward of the doors plus mirrors). It would be another 300 if I wanted them to do the color correction and polish first. Ceramic prices ranged from 350-1000 for 6mo-5yr
Old 05-17-2019, 09:54 PM
Arctic997
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do the PPF. However, 2k+ is a ripoff. A decent shop outside of a dealer would be 1500 or less.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:06 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

AFAIK Xpel Ultimate is the best PPF film. My car is fully protected on all front facing surfaces and then some.

I will use Xpel when it comes time to redo in a few years. (4-5 from now)

http://northwestautosalon.com/2015/0...xpel-ultimate/
Old 05-18-2019, 12:15 AM
chuckgm3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Arctic997
Do the PPF. However, 2k+ is a ripoff. A decent shop outside of a dealer would be 1500 or less.
I think region has a lot to do with it. $2k seems to be the going rate in the Los Angeles area.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:18 AM
chuckgm3
Advanced

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS
AFAIK Xpel Ultimate is the best PPF film. My car is fully protected on all front facing surfaces and then some.

I've heard good things about Xpel, but the shop I was at today does both Xpel and SunTek. Now who knows what kind of margin he's got on suntek, and maybe that's the reason he recommends it, but he was showing me the film side by side and there was a very slight noticeable difference in the clarity. I went into this assuming I'd be using Xpel ultimate, but now I'm reconsidering. I'm curious what others think, although ultimately it probably does not matter much.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:06 PM
Scoutiipippen
Instructor

the dealer told me 2000 for all front facing fascia, full hood, rocker and side panels and side mirrors. also doing a ceramic coating $750. its expensive, but if you want to play you got to pay
Old 05-18-2019, 05:07 PM
Scoutiipippen
Instructor

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS

awesome...thats what i am using

Quick Reply: First Post :) New (to me) Porsche Owner