Taillight Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 09:16 PM
geeky
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Taillight Help

Passenger brake light failure issue.

Light bulb went out a few months ago so swapped it. Indicator came back up last week after the car has been sitting for a while so double checked. Brake light functions properly at first startup and no indicator. The moment I plug the driver seat belt into the receptical the passenger side brake light stops functioning and the indicator turns on for RR light failure.

I have no idea what's going on or how the receptical ties into the brake light. Anyone have this issue or now how to fix? Haven't had a chance to look at fuse yet.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

This is a new one on me. Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, which will reset the bulb control module. DON'T LATCH THE FRUNK OUT OF HABIT.

Don't worry about the new warning lights like PSM failure - when you reconnect it - they'll go away on the first drive after a couple seconds.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 940 Posts

My 2009 .2 has a flaky plug/socket and half the lights will go out... pull it, shoot cleaner in there, reconnect and push real hard. Not sure is the cleaner has anything to do with making it work but what the heck.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Quick Reply: Taillight Help