Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about selling and I have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 12:40 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by BrakingBad
To be clear, the question of replacing the windshield and radio **** (not sure anything can be done about stone chips except a respray) is about trading the car in on a new car, not selling privately. Will I see a greater trade in value after spending to replace these items or is the final net value a wash?
it's a wash. The dealer can get everything done much cheaper than you can. If you're trading it in, take the car on a rainy day, it'll look just waxed . . . lol
Old 04-20-2019, 01:04 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 305 Likes on 180 Posts

If you trade I'd say remove those seats and put stock or some alternative seats back in. Those carbon buckets are worth 6-8k (assuming decent condition). Pick up a pair of comfort or sports forn1-2k. Swap. I don't see a dealer or maybe even private party giving you the 5-6k delta.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:27 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by HkPlinker
it's a wash. The dealer can get everything done much cheaper than you can. If you're trading it in, take the car on a rainy day, it'll look just waxed . . . lol
The paint on the car looks great, it just has the usual little nicks at the very front of the bumper that all of these cars get on the highway, I'm thinking about trying that BAT site, I didn't know it existed until recently.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:36 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Originally Posted by workhurts
If you trade I'd say remove those seats and put stock or some alternative seats back in. Those carbon buckets are worth 6-8k (assuming decent condition). Pick up a pair of comfort or sports forn1-2k. Swap. I don't see a dealer or maybe even private party giving you the 5-6k delta.
That's not a bad idea. I'm just not sure of the demand or supply of stone grey seats on the used market. They were ordered on the car, not installed later. The seats are in good condition. I've even had side bolster protectors from user YseanY installed since I bought the car.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...rotectors.html
Old 04-30-2019, 01:55 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

I have the car at the Porsche Dealer service center right now taking care of the volume ****, etc. They offered to buy the car from me (not a trade in offer) for $45K. Does that sound like a pretty good offer from a dealership?
Old 04-30-2019, 06:06 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by BrakingBad
I have the car at the Porsche Dealer service center right now taking care of the volume ****, etc. They offered to buy the car from me (not a trade in offer) for $45K. Does that sound like a pretty good offer from a dealership?
Not with the GT2 carbon buckets its not.

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling and I have a few questions.