Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Search for a Very Particular 997

Old 05-12-2019, 08:46 AM
rwsteelers
User

Looks great! Nothing like a sunny weekend, top down, driving the twisty roads in a 911 Enjoy it
Old 05-12-2019, 08:52 AM
boxtaboy
User

Originally Posted by Brads16 View Post
After a long search and lots of help from fellow rennlisters I have completed my purchase of a 2009 Cabriolet S. 6-speed with ~31,000 miles on it.

A HUGE thank you to boxtaboy and rwsteelers for their advice during my search.
Looks awesome, and the best color choice if I do say so myself. Enjoy it in good health!

Old 05-12-2019, 11:39 AM
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats! Gorgeous.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:25 PM
fredke
New User

I have an 06 4S coupe Tiptronic - same color, same options minus Sports Chrono and exhaust.
That color is a delight and I love how deep the blue changes to at night under fluorescent lights.

Native habitat

BTW folks, please don't knock the Tiptronic! It is by a long winding country mile far better than any transmission I have ever driven (yes I have not driven a PDK). It has so many modes that it seamlessly flows between and it quickly gets your drift when you want to give it the beans. On track it is at home instantly and if a higher gear is needed at entry or apex to exit, just a flick of the thumb gets you perfectly set. It is in no way shy about holding full and complete throttle through max redline switching rapidly to the next gear.
It can be easily told to stick at a higher throttle in a given gear just by a light feather of the digital acceleration pedal.
It certainly isn't perfect as there are a few lags in awareness outside of manual mode, but knowing those weak instances the driver can do subtle things to wake it up prior the critical need moment.
Overall, it is the finest manifestation and marriage of Porches engineering excellence mated to the demanding lofty high performance bar the 911 4S commands.
It's a 12k option, and in my estimation and daily driver role, worth every penny.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:25 PM
ilovemaui
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fredke View Post
I have an 06 4S coupe Tiptronic - same color, same options minus Sports Chrono and exhaust.
That color is a delight and I love how deep the blue changes to at night under fluorescent lights.

Native habitat

BTW folks, please don't knock the Tiptronic! It is by a long winding country mile far better than any transmission I have ever driven (yes I have not driven a PDK). It has so many modes that it seamlessly flows between and it quickly gets your drift when you want to give it the beans. On track it is at home instantly and if a higher gear is needed at entry or apex to exit, just a flick of the thumb gets you perfectly set. It is in no way shy about holding full and complete throttle through max redline switching rapidly to the next gear.
It can be easily told to stick at a higher throttle in a given gear just by a light feather of the digital acceleration pedal.
It certainly isn't perfect as there are a few lags in awareness outside of manual mode, but knowing those weak instances the driver can do subtle things to wake it up prior the critical need moment.
Overall, it is the finest manifestation and marriage of Porches engineering excellence mated to the demanding lofty high performance bar the 911 4S commands.
It's a 12k option, and in my estimation and daily driver role, worth every penny.
When I bought mine the dealer had a blue 2009 with grey interior very similar to the one I bought. It was a tough choice but the one I bought had a couple more options and less miles. That blue is very nice.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:45 AM
kcheves
Addict
Rennlist Member

Beautiful Car Brads16. I'm a big fan of the Natural Brown leather.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:19 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
User

Originally Posted by Petza914 View Post
Add Full leather to your must have list as it means the dash and door tops are leather instead of plastic and make the cabin much better and high quality feeling. I wouldn't own a Porsche without the full leather option - have it in both my 997s and the Cayenne, and had the dash, console, visors, A-pillars glovebox, and pod all redone in leather in my 928. In my 997 I have CF dash vents so it's all leather and CF in there.If you can find one with PCCB (ceramic) brakes, you'll be even happier.

Good luck on the hunt.
Pete's right about everything - leather door spears are also a nice
Old 05-14-2019, 11:40 PM
TommyV44
Super User

Had that exact car in a 2001 996....Awesome color combo! Good Luck!

Tom
Old 05-15-2019, 04:02 PM
Brads16
User

Originally Posted by TommyV44 View Post
Had that exact car in a 2001 996....Awesome color combo! Good Luck!

Tom
Thanks Tom! Really happy with it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: