Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Search for a Very Particular 997

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019 | 08:46 AM
rwsteelers
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks great! Nothing like a sunny weekend, top down, driving the twisty roads in a 911 Enjoy it
Old 05-12-2019 | 08:52 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by Brads16
After a long search and lots of help from fellow rennlisters I have completed my purchase of a 2009 Cabriolet S. 6-speed with ~31,000 miles on it.

A HUGE thank you to @boxtaboy and @rwsteelers for their advice during my search.
Looks awesome, and the best color choice if I do say so myself. Enjoy it in good health!

Old 05-12-2019 | 11:39 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 472 Likes on 168 Posts

Congrats! Gorgeous.
Old 05-12-2019 | 02:25 PM
fredke
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 06 4S coupe Tiptronic - same color, same options minus Sports Chrono and exhaust.
That color is a delight and I love how deep the blue changes to at night under fluorescent lights.

Native habitat

BTW folks, please don't knock the Tiptronic! It is by a long winding country mile far better than any transmission I have ever driven (yes I have not driven a PDK). It has so many modes that it seamlessly flows between and it quickly gets your drift when you want to give it the beans. On track it is at home instantly and if a higher gear is needed at entry or apex to exit, just a flick of the thumb gets you perfectly set. It is in no way shy about holding full and complete throttle through max redline switching rapidly to the next gear.
It can be easily told to stick at a higher throttle in a given gear just by a light feather of the digital acceleration pedal.
It certainly isn't perfect as there are a few lags in awareness outside of manual mode, but knowing those weak instances the driver can do subtle things to wake it up prior the critical need moment.
Overall, it is the finest manifestation and marriage of Porches engineering excellence mated to the demanding lofty high performance bar the 911 4S commands.
It's a 12k option, and in my estimation and daily driver role, worth every penny.
Old 05-12-2019 | 05:25 PM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by fredke
I have an 06 4S coupe Tiptronic - same color, same options minus Sports Chrono and exhaust.
That color is a delight and I love how deep the blue changes to at night under fluorescent lights.

Native habitat

BTW folks, please don't knock the Tiptronic! It is by a long winding country mile far better than any transmission I have ever driven (yes I have not driven a PDK). It has so many modes that it seamlessly flows between and it quickly gets your drift when you want to give it the beans. On track it is at home instantly and if a higher gear is needed at entry or apex to exit, just a flick of the thumb gets you perfectly set. It is in no way shy about holding full and complete throttle through max redline switching rapidly to the next gear.
It can be easily told to stick at a higher throttle in a given gear just by a light feather of the digital acceleration pedal.
It certainly isn't perfect as there are a few lags in awareness outside of manual mode, but knowing those weak instances the driver can do subtle things to wake it up prior the critical need moment.
Overall, it is the finest manifestation and marriage of Porches engineering excellence mated to the demanding lofty high performance bar the 911 4S commands.
It's a 12k option, and in my estimation and daily driver role, worth every penny.
When I bought mine the dealer had a blue 2009 with grey interior very similar to the one I bought. It was a tough choice but the one I bought had a couple more options and less miles. That blue is very nice.
Old 05-13-2019 | 11:45 AM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful Car Brads16. I'm a big fan of the Natural Brown leather.
Old 05-13-2019 | 04:19 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Add Full leather to your must have list as it means the dash and door tops are leather instead of plastic and make the cabin much better and high quality feeling. I wouldn't own a Porsche without the full leather option - have it in both my 997s and the Cayenne, and had the dash, console, visors, A-pillars glovebox, and pod all redone in leather in my 928. In my 997 I have CF dash vents so it's all leather and CF in there.If you can find one with PCCB (ceramic) brakes, you'll be even happier.

Good luck on the hunt.
Pete's right about everything - leather door spears are also a nice
Old 05-14-2019 | 11:40 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 481 Likes on 277 Posts

Had that exact car in a 2001 996....Awesome color combo! Good Luck!

Tom
Old 05-15-2019 | 04:02 PM
Brads16
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Had that exact car in a 2001 996....Awesome color combo! Good Luck!

Tom
Thanks Tom! Really happy with it!

Quick Reply: My Search for a Very Particular 997