Sponsored by:

Update on running costs

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 02:42 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,200 Likes on 767 Posts
Default Update on running costs

Just a FWIW, at 120K miles (2010 C4S PDK) I had my first failure. The hazards wouldn't turn off. That went beyond my schematics and I was due for a PDK service.

So it was time for my first trip to my local Indie. I knew my front diff seals were seeping as well. What I didn't realize was I had four torn CV boots and cracked front strut mounts (apparently something that the AWD cars are more prone to).

So everything has been handled although I still need to find time in between house projects to flush the brakes (% water still low enough but timed out).

So my running expenses took a leap last week.

Yesterday I updated the car's records and calculated running costs for all parts & maintenance & labor (insurance, registration, and gas are not included). I'm now at 13.4 cents per mile (see the attached). Not too bad IMHO.
Attached Images   
Old 04-08-2019, 10:50 AM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

That is excellent for such a nice ride. I have found that actual failures on these cars are quite low. Most money spent is on upgrades and preventative maintenance items. I am happy to do both as I love to tinker on my car and the last thing I want is a water pump to go out in a tiny one horse Texas town that is too far away from a dealer to replace.

Quick Reply: Update on running costs