Rennline Grill Screen Flash Sale!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 05:13 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Rennline Grill Screen Flash Sale!!!

Now through Sunday 3/31 enjoy 15% off Rennline Grill Screens.

One of Porsche’s biggest design flaws on the water cooled cars is the bumper air intakes. With the current design, the radiators are completely exposed and become magnets for road debris, leaves, and rocks. The fins on the radiator will quickly become damaged or plugged, translating into big dollar repairs. The only way to stop the inevitable is to install a Rennline Radiator Protection Grill Kit. Rennline Radiator Protection Grill Kits are installed the right way, without exposed screws and zip ties, and will hold up to the punishment of the street or track. Removing the bumper for install is not a difficult task as can be seen in our 8 minute uncut video (see below) where we remove the bumper on a 991.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:43 AM
jbaker136
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

I ordered these recently but could not use them. I found they made it impossible to get the bumper back on when used with the 997.2 center radiator factory air ducting. No way to guide the air ducting lip into the bumper slot because the screen takes up most the space and you can not reach in with your hand while the screen is in place. No idea how anyone ever uses these on a 997.2 with center radiator. Love everything else I have bought from Rennline but these where a $300 fail for me.

Jeff
Old 03-27-2019, 12:22 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 85 Posts

*** REMOVED COMMENT ***

Last edited by Astur; 03-27-2019 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Removed comment in order to be fair with sponsor
Old 03-27-2019, 04:29 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by jbaker136
I ordered these recently but could not use them. I found they made it impossible to get the bumper back on when used with the 997.2 center radiator factory air ducting. No way to guide the air ducting lip into the bumper slot because the screen takes up most the space and you can not reach in with your hand while the screen is in place. No idea how anyone ever uses these on a 997.2 with center radiator. Love everything else I have bought from Rennline but these where a $300 fail for me.

Jeff
My shop installed this Rennline kit when I bought my C4S 997.2 PDK center radiator car in 2016. No problems reported.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:37 PM
jbaker136
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mike cap
My shop installed this Rennline kit when I bought my C4S 997.2 PDK center radiator car in 2016. No problems reported.
Maybe there is a trick to it but I couldn't figure it out. On the 997.2 the center air duct has no sides and no front clips. It slides into grooves above and below the bumper opening but because the duct is not ridged it had to be manually aligned with my hands to slide into the grooves. Perhaps there was something wonky with my install. I may call Rennline and ask them.

Jeff
Old 03-27-2019, 04:42 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 237 Posts

Jeff - don’t know my shop did the bumper cover on and off. I’ve only pulled the rear off myself. They never complained about a problem except for how to mount the 964 Euro trumpet horns with the center radiator in the way!! It sounds pretty sweet.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:25 PM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 493 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by jbaker136
Maybe there is a trick to it but I couldn't figure it out. On the 997.2 the center air duct has no sides and no front clips. It slides into grooves above and below the bumper opening but because the duct is not ridged it had to be manually aligned with my hands to slide into the grooves. Perhaps there was something wonky with my install. I may call Rennline and ask them.

Jeff
My car ran into the same issue during the install. The core problem is that the 3-piece kit didn't include clips for the center grill. My shop told me that without the clips, it took 3 people to install the center grill - two to hold the bumper and the third to hold the center screen in place while they maneuvered the bumper/grill combo into place. Once the bumper was secured, the center grill is then simply held in place by pressure. Feels solid, looks fine.

I contacted Rennline and they sent clips for the center grill. So next time the bumper is off, they'll be used to secure the center grill to the bumper.

Karl.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:06 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 287 Likes on 171 Posts

I don't mind advertisers because they're needed but I hate false advertising.

Out if of thousands of 911s without anything like this, they aren't all failing, getting damaged and requiring expensive repairs as the ad suggests.

This also isn't 'the only' solutuon as the ad states.

Quick Reply: Rennline Grill Screen Flash Sale!!!