New to me 997 Before & After Progress

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 09:20 AM
wellcooled
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 9elvn
Great looking car!
I line in NYC (Manhattan) as well we should do a little get together once the weather gets better
i didn’t realize there were this many 911s in the NYC area
Thank you, but I ended up selling my 997 after 1.5 years to make room for an aircooled I’ve always dreamed of. I’m down to meet up, I’m in Queens.

Originally Posted by speedracerf4i
Wheels looks fantastic. Enjoy your ride.
Thank you! I sure enjoyed my short time with it.

Originally Posted by Diego Mintz
Congrats on your car!! Looks nice!! I´ve got a similar story with my father´s taste for Porsche´s and I bought a 2006 997.1 C2 Seal Grey Metallic. It´s got 18" wheels which I intend to upgrade to 19" BBS CH-R similar to the one´s in your car. What colour are those? Which tire size did you opt for the rears? 295 or 305? Do you have any upgrade in suspension?
Any advice will be great!
Rgrds
Diego
Congrats on the 997! Love seal grey! The color on my BBS was titanium. If I remember correctly I ran 295 rears and suspension was Eibach pro lowering springs w/ Bilstein B12 with no spacers. I would recommend looking into a Numeric SSK and upgrade the shifter cables while you’re there. It was one of my favorite mods along with upgrading the steering wheel.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:27 PM
Diego Mintz
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wellcooled
Thank you, but I ended up selling my 997 after 1.5 years to make room for an aircooled I’ve always dreamed of. I’m down to meet up, I’m in Queens.

Thank you! I sure enjoyed my short time with it.

Congrats on the 997! Love seal grey! The color on my BBS was titanium. If I remember correctly I ran 295 rears and suspension was Eibach pro lowering springs w/ Bilstein B12 with no spacers. I would recommend looking into a Numeric SSK and upgrade the shifter cables while you’re there. It was one of my favorite mods along with upgrading the steering wheel.
Great to hear that you now have an aircooled !! That´s really cool!! I´m making my wishlist of mods and really want the stance of the car to get a proper look while having a better driving dynamic, I don´t know if the 305´s will fit in the NB as I see your wheel filled up the space quite nicely (if you could by any chance let me know the size, it will be awesome, as I have to ship all the goodies down to Uruguay and I have to be sure). I´ve been speaking to John´s at Soul exhausts to install the sport headers, mufller bypass and eventually the sport cats. I see you had sports exhaust system by Fabspeed, do you have any video to check the sound, was it too loud? Were you happy with the sound?) He recommended, as you did, to get the upgrade to Numeric SSK that cames bundled with the cables, as he told me that 997´s shift cables are proned to broke and the feeling of the short shifting is so much better. I´m a litlle skeptical on that because you need to be very precise and aware of the gear you are at anytime, to doesn´t miss a downshift and damage the engine. The car is stock and has never been modified at all, so that´s also another thing to think of, I will be the one that will start touching and modifying things. I use the car mostly in track days , but I go there to have fun and drive the car faster than allowed in the street, but in no case I intend to compete with other cars or make record lap times!!
Thank you for all you help and I hope I could make the car looks as similar to yours as I can!
rgrds
Diego- My wsap is +59899696124
Old 05-02-2021, 12:32 PM
Diego Mintz
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry!! Forgot to ask you about the steering wheel !! What was the upgrade you did?

Quick Reply: New to me 997 Before & After Progress