Fuse Help - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse Help

 
Old 03-14-2019, 04:43 PM
  #1  
LISsailor
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 367
Default Fuse Help

I have replaced my steering wheel but now my window switches, mirror adjustment, seat memory, and central locking are not working. The seat adjustment work, however. I checked the fuses for these and they look good. Even swapped them out for spare. I also have a “workshop” message in the dash. How should I proceed? Thank you.

Last edited by LISsailor; 03-14-2019 at 07:44 PM.
LISsailor is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 01:35 PM
  #2  
Petza914
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Petza914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 9,934
Default

Originally Posted by LISsailor View Post
I have replaced my steering wheel but now my window switches, mirror adjustment, seat memory, and central locking are not working. The seat adjustment work, however. I checked the fuses for these and they look good. Even swapped them out for spare. I also have a “workshop” message in the dash. How should I proceed? Thank you.
Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and then reconnecting it. Did you disconnect it initially when doing the steering wheel swap (hope so).
Petza914 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 02:11 PM
  #3  
LISsailor
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by Petza914 View Post
Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and then reconnecting it. Did you disconnect it initially when doing the steering wheel swap (hope so).
I left the negative terminal unplugged for about a month while the wheel was away for repair. I can try to disconnect and reconnect.

My other thought was a diagnostic tool but am not sure about spending money on something that will reset the service reminder but not get the functionality going again.
LISsailor is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 02:53 PM
  #4  
Petza914
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Petza914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 9,934
Default

Originally Posted by LISsailor View Post
I left the negative terminal unplugged for about a month while the wheel was away for repair. I can try to disconnect and reconnect.

My other thought was a diagnostic tool but am not sure about spending money on something that will reset the service reminder but not get the functionality going again.
it was disconnected for so long that something just might not have come back online correctly. Now that things have had power again, the 10 minute disconnect and reconnect might restore it.
Petza914 is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 08:19 PM
  #5  
LISsailor
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by Petza914 View Post
it was disconnected for so long that something just might not have come back online correctly. Now that things have had power again, the 10 minute disconnect and reconnect might restore it.
Thanks Petza, I will give it a shot and report back.
LISsailor is offline  
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM
  #6  
LISsailor
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 367
Default

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery did not fix it. I guess it will go to the dealer. UGH.
LISsailor is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM
  #7  
wolfsburgde
User
 
wolfsburgde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Near Philly
Posts: 14
Default

Which fuse (row and column) did you try replacing and what was the amperage?
wolfsburgde is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM
  #8  
LISsailor
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 367
Default

I tried the first row on top from left to right. According to a diagram attached, that should be the area. They all seem good. I did not go through every single fuse in the box.​​​​​​​

LISsailor is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: