Sponsored by:

Navigation Software

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 03:36 PM
jfort
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Navigation Software

Just read a fun thread about driving from SF to LA on back roads. One of the posters lamented that there is no good software to plan a trip and put it in a mobile device. I have posted such complaints on Apple Map threads. Current software, as far as I know, is good only for getting to an address and it isn’t helpful finding the routes we would like to drive.

I still have Tom Tom (which I used to use on a Palm Treo) on my iPhone and my trip iPad. It’s nice because it has the maps in it so it works without cell coverage. It also allows a pre-planned trip to go via interim points. But it’s not the greatest, it’s getting old and it’s no longer supported.

What do you guys do? Google maps is not helpful. I like MotionXGPS for many stand alone GPS functions. But there is nothing that fits the bill.

I need something that allows the user to plan the start and destination points with “via” points in between. The via points can be created by “touching” points on the map. Then the route can be saved in a mobile device with GPS and turn by turn navigation. It would be nice to do the planning on a computer with a larger screen, but I guess iOS on an iPad would do.

Does anyone do this?

Quick Reply: Navigation Software