997.2 C2S with Tubi question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 05:52 PM
chamilton83
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997.2 C2S with Tubi question

Hi everyone,

I recently had a Tubi exhaust installed on my 2010 997.2 C2S with almost 77k. I didn't have any issues with it initially, but after about 2 weeks, I got a flashing CEL while I left the car idling in my driveway for less than 2 minutes. I immediately shut off the car and when I restarted it, no CEL. I took it to the Indy shop that installed the exhaust and they pulled up the fault codes and it was misfiring on one bank. They recommended changing the plugs and coil pack, and I didn't throw a code again until today. Same issue, pulled the car out, CEL, shut it off, and now no CEL. I'm going to be taking the car back to the shop on Monday, but was hoping to get insight as to what would make sense.

Based on my research on here, I read that it might be the VVS actuator, but has anyone else had any issues after installing their Tubi? Also, could it be due to bad gas or bad gas cap? All this started only after I filled up at a top tier station and the attendant twisted the crap out of the cap.

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:46 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I think you need to find out what the cel code was thrown and what the code is before speculating. Could be a myriad of things
Old 02-06-2019, 02:14 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by chamilton83
Hi everyone,

I recently had a Tubi exhaust installed on my 2010 997.2 C2S with almost 77k. I didn't have any issues with it initially, but after about 2 weeks, I got a flashing CEL while I left the car idling in my driveway for less than 2 minutes. I immediately shut off the car and when I restarted it, no CEL. I took it to the Indy shop that installed the exhaust and they pulled up the fault codes and it was misfiring on one bank. They recommended changing the plugs and coil pack, and I didn't throw a code again until today. Same issue, pulled the car out, CEL, shut it off, and now no CEL. I'm going to be taking the car back to the shop on Monday, but was hoping to get insight as to what would make sense.

Based on my research on here, I read that it might be the VVS actuator, but has anyone else had any issues after installing their Tubi? Also, could it be due to bad gas or bad gas cap? All this started only after I filled up at a top tier station and the attendant twisted the crap out of the cap.

Thanks.
Won't be of much help to you but I put 40,000 miles on my previous -09 C4S, all of it with the same exact Tubi exhaust you have. Never saw anything like what you describe. Not once. Just a wild guess but I'm thinking your problem may not be Tubi related. Main reason I'm saying that is that you had no issues for two weeks after it was installed and of course the 40,000 miles I put on my car with no issues with the same system and the same engine.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:23 AM
FZP
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Same car, same exhaust, no issues. Sorry chief i cant be of any help. Hopefully you can get it sorted so you can enjoy that glorious noise again ASAP
Old 02-06-2019, 11:47 AM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Similar experience here. Wish I could help (and maybe this does in potentially ruling it out) but I've had zero issues since install which was 5 years and 8,000 miles ago. Good luck figuring out the issue.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:31 PM
gtm3
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same car (09 C2S), same exhaust - no issues to date as well with the car. Good luck with diagnosing the issue.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:59 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

Same exhaust on my 2010 C4S since 2013.......no issues.

Tom

Quick Reply: 997.2 C2S with Tubi question