Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to get? 2007 c2 aero kit? 06 c2s? 01 turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 04:17 PM
Rulaxin12
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 996shark
Forget about the 06 with 62k miles

People will pay a premium for a factory aero kit , bottom line they are just a gorgeous looking cars and not a whole lot of them floating around. An additional 8 grand is not that much more to pay for a car that's a year newer, has the aero kit, & has roughly 30k less miles . Also for people that love the look of the 997 gt3's but aren't exactly going to be driving at 9/10s on the track a well optioned aero kit car for 60k less is the answer . . . As far as the 01 turbo , if your into modding and going faster in a straight line and that's your primary concern go with it . If you care more about ascetics , comfort , having rwd 911 handling and pretty much anything else go with the 997s . The 01 probably will hold its value best in the long run , however it is the least desirable year of the least desirable generation of turbo's . . . Most will agree the 996 is least attractive generation by far .... Just my opinion for why's its worth ... Which might not be much lol
great points 996shark,
i don’t think I need the crazy speed from a turbo and likely do not want to pour more money into modifying it!
Old 01-20-2019, 05:17 PM
996shark
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rulaxin12

great points 996shark,
i don’t think I need the crazy speed from a turbo and likely do not want to pour more money into modifying it!
if your not a speed demon & not planning to mod its an easy choice . The 997s is just a better car in every other way besides the engine . Which can even be argued that the na 3.8 is the way to go for track fun ..... I was in the same exact position as you 4 months ago when I wanted to upgrade from 03 c2. I was dead set on going the 996 turbo route and looked at 4 of them but always wound up walking away kinda 2nd guessing it . My 997s was the first one I looked at and imediatly made the deal . Imo its just so much more car than the 996 and pasm / sport chrono really ads the the whole experience .. . & btw I was looking around on auto trader / eBay , I'm was actually surprised how the 997's crept up over the past 6 months.

Quick Reply: What to get? 2007 c2 aero kit? 06 c2s? 01 turbo?