Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner 997 S!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 11:27 PM
Vince Vincent
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 60 Posts

After 60 days of ownership, sorting some minor details and parts to maker her "ours", the wife and I are very pleased with progress so far.
The weather has been better lately and we've taken it out for a few small drives here and there.
Wheels installed!

Upgraded:
Suncoast GT3 shift boot/****
Clear sidemarkers (Euro)
Wheels!
Cleaned exhaust tips and angled
Suncoast Porsche valve caps

Current plan is:
Full Service from local Porsche ind. shop
Front lip
Upgrade Exhaust tips and possible muffler bypass?
H&R Springs in the near future
Install spacers 7/15mm

Love the look so far! Very clean and enjoyable

Old 03-28-2019, 07:49 PM
AltVelo
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats!

Those OZ Leggera look anthracite. Are they actually that dark in color?
Old 03-28-2019, 08:29 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 237 Likes on 171 Posts

Wheels look sick. Made a huge difference.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:55 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Great purchase and lotsa car for the money. Well bought.
The following users liked this post:
Vince Vincent (10-03-2021)
Old 03-28-2019, 09:35 PM
jll1011
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Wheels look great.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:53 PM
tuto993
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

Well done, wheels are the bee's knees. It looks awesome.
Old 10-03-2021, 02:30 PM
Vince Vincent
Rennlist Member

Wow, where do I start...thanks for all the positivity and replies 2 years ago. It has been a while but I just wanted to update the thread mainly for the vehicle history.
There is far too much to say so I'll just list the additions and modifications since I've had it. Over the course of 2 1/2 years I have put a whopping 10k miles on the car and moved ourselves and the 911 to Stuttgart Germany! most of this time it has been garaged with the exception of a 3 1/2 month journey from the US to Germany (military transport).

Maintenance:
Oil changes every 6 months, in the US my indy shop used Total 5W40 and since being in Germany, changed to Liqui Moly 5W40
Spark plugs/Coils changed
Serpentine belt
AOS
Starter
Engine mounts
O2 Sensors
Battery upgrade
Battery terminal/cable cleaned
Transmission fluid
Cabin and air filter replaced
Radiator cleanings and under carriage checks

Upgrades-replacements:
Bilstein B8 struts/shocks
HR Springs
LN drain plug
Speedtech X pipe
Alcantara bits interior
F2 (function first) engine mounts
AFE dry filter replacement for the Fabspeed intake
BBS E88 wheels and Bridgestone Potenzas (current setup)

Upcoming:
Waterpump/thermostat
LN spin filter
Pads/rotors (thinking about going slotted instead of the oem drilled, opinions?)
SACHS oem clutch replacement (?)
I also have a check engine light )catalytic converters downstream both sides) from the Xpipe (speedtech 200 cel cats) so debating on getting a tune (reflash?) or switching to high flow cats instead?

On to the pics! So sometime in 2020, a few months prior to me getting the car ready to ship, I found a hairline crack in one the OZ HLT wheel spokes (grey above)... It broke my heart to get rid of but I just couldn't trust it and had no idea what was to come in the coming PCS (moving). So I ended up keeping the cracked wheel (I'll make a table out of it one day) and selling the other 3. I was able to find a great deal on a set of OZ Ultraleggeras as a suitable replacement and did that for about a year.

First day in Germany!

After a few months of registration issues and finding a shop or two I finally got settled, interior shot, pretty much how it will stay for the duration of my ownership (maybe add a few more alcantara bits here/there and swap floor mats)

Last edited by Vince Vincent; 10-05-2021 at 04:26 AM.
Old 10-03-2021, 02:46 PM
frybear
Pro

Received 212 Likes on 133 Posts

looks great! best mod ever is the phone mount! I'm dead serious, I could not live without mine as there's no great place to put one in these. keep on truckin'!
Old 10-03-2021, 03:06 PM
Vince Vincent
Rennlist Member

So along with the thread update, I will also touch on some culture and economic differences just because it goes with the story of this 911. Summer of 2021, while I was running down a checklist of maintenance and upgrades, it was finally time to get serious about the wheels. We had about 5 sets of wheels we wanted ranging from JDM Volks to HRE's and the like.

However, my wife said, "we don't have kids yet, if your going to do it, might as well do it right and soemthing we won't want to swap later", so basically the search for my dream wheel began, I like Ramen noodles anyway. The BBS E88 in 18 inches. I talked to 10 different suppliers and shops even in CA, which sounds crazy because, I live in Stuttgart Germany! BBS homeland! The problem... everything in Germany, that is popular in the US, is extremely hard to get here if you are not willing to pay brand new prices or wait forever.

Not only that, but, more so, the rules and regulations here are very strict, more strict than the most strict US state when it comes to cars and modifications. Put simply, BBS E88 are off road use only, only the LM and street models are considered the go to wheel here. I've only seen a handful of E88's setups here total. Long story short, after months of searching for a unicorn, I checked the local Ebay kleinanzeigen like I did every week along with 5 other websites and there they were. Two hours away from me in a small German village, owner had them built from BBS factory and mounted on a 964 turbo (?) for track use, but sold the car years ago. It was the real deal, older German gentlemen, German speaking only, BBS E88's in gold in a small German village, I could not let this one go, within 12 hours of him posting I had sent a deposit and was arranging pick up.
Here was the catch, the exact offsets were unknown...we knew the lip and barrel size and overall width/diameter but offset was in question. He was sure it was around 18x9 +40 and 18x11 +60 but memory faded and no longer had the paper work. Well, lets just say I was 1 of 12 people he had ready to buy so I said lets do it I'll figure it out later.

After a few days of doing US to EURO cash swaps we drove and picked them up with Euro in hand and made a day out of it.

First night of test fitting (credit to my friend that does cool things with cool people in cool places):

Dream wheel achieved. More updates to come.

Last edited by Vince Vincent; 10-03-2021 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2021, 03:13 PM
Vince Vincent
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by frybear
looks great! best mod ever is the phone mount! I'm dead serious, I could not live without mine as there's no great place to put one in these. keep on truckin'!
I agree, its literally the perfect interior mod and place for a phone, also doesnt move at all!
Old 10-05-2021, 04:33 AM
Vince Vincent
Rennlist Member

Update!

Old 10-05-2021, 04:51 AM
Vince Vincent
Rennlist Member

Next up:
OEM fog lights
and winterize for storage (winter wheels/DT40 storage additive)

Quick Reply: New Owner 997 S!