997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sloshing sound when braking

Old 12-29-2018, 07:44 AM
emielio
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay I just did some more testing. At first I didn't hear the sound when the engine was cold. But as soon as it started to warm up (while having the AC on) the sound came back.

I made a couple of videos. You can hear the brakes but if you listen carefully you also hear some kind of fluid. I feel like its coming from the drivers side back to the front.

Old 12-29-2018, 01:18 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,405 Likes on 852 Posts

Long shot.... check in the cavern under the battery. Could be clocked drains in there. I had a swimming pool before I figured out I need to keep them clear.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 01-14-2019, 01:44 PM
emielio
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've checked that cavern under the battery. What's a bit odd to me that I feel like the sound only occurs when the engine is at temp. Coolant level is fine. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 01-14-2019, 04:19 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 443 Likes on 161 Posts

I think you are really hearing your gas tank. Other possibility is your AC expansion valve is right next to your battery on the passenger side. That makes some gurgling. I would check to see if your Freon is full. Mine was low and it caused some odd noises that took be a few months to finally track down. Once I filled i topped it off i never heard them again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sloshing sound when braking