Sponsored by:

Help: Out of state purchase - Mooresville, NC 28117

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 12:53 PM
C4SNY
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Help: Out of state purchase - Mooresville, NC 28117

I’m located in NY and found a 997.2 for sale in Mooresville,NC.

I was wondering if anyone local can stop by to quickly look at it and confirm the condition.

I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Ben
Old 11-26-2018, 11:04 PM
ggc
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live SW of Charlotte and can go to Mooresville. I have a 997.2, which is helpful. Great choice.

Please let me know everything you want me to check on the car.

Do you want me to take pictures or do you have what you need from the seller.

I suggest that You take a look at the service records. Have the seller scan them or at least summarize by date and mileage the service performed.

You should get carfax and have a ppi done in addition to a visual inspection. There are several shops in the Charlotte area that can do that for you. I can give you some contacts if you want to do this. I am probably not telling you anything you dont already know if you use this forum.

Email me the information you have and I can contact the seller to arrange to inspect the 997 for you. email: ggcline52@gmail.com

Old 11-27-2018, 08:24 AM
GW305
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are lucky to have ggc helping out with this. I bought my 997.1S 1000 miles from where I am and was not as lucky as you to have a Porsche person to inspect. I used lemonsquad to get a full inspection. For 200$, many we’ll spend. Good luckgreat choice
Old 11-27-2018, 12:04 PM
hbf
8th Gear

I have just collected a 2009 997.2 in Florida. PO arranged a PPI for me at the dealer. Cost about $350. Very comprehensive even down to checking (via codes) the compression of the cylinders. Also full code check and an over-rev check.

My analysis of thePPI is that if they could not find any problem then certainly nobody could. PO also paid to correct the one small issue found.

Drove the car back 1,000 miles, grinning all the way.

Use a dealer for peace of mind. Money well-spent.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:14 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

And with the dealer, you can look up the entire porsche service history , all done in the warranty period, plus if it was the original dealer they have all the service history
They can do any updates or recalls
Old 11-27-2018, 04:37 PM
rob40wilson03
1st Gear

Originally Posted by C4SNY
I’m located in NY and found a 997.2 for sale in Mooresville,NC.

I was wondering if anyone local can stop by to quickly look at it and confirm the condition.

I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Ben
If GGC is unavailable, I live about 30 minutes from there and would gladly go check it out to the best of my ability. Full disclaimer: I don't own a 911 and never have. I'm considering getting my first (I won't steal the one you're looking at, promise!). So I may not be able to analyze as well as a current owner. However I have a very discerning eye when it comes to paint/interior/etc because I'm so picky when it comes to cars myself.

Let me know if I can help!
Old 11-27-2018, 10:30 PM
C4SNY
Advanced

Originally Posted by rob40wilson03
If GGC is unavailable, I live about 30 minutes from there and would gladly go check it out to the best of my ability. Full disclaimer: I don't own a 911 and never have. I'm considering getting my first (I won't steal the one you're looking at, promise!). So I may not be able to analyze as well as a current owner. However I have a very discerning eye when it comes to paint/interior/etc because I'm so picky when it comes to cars myself.

Let me know if I can help!
Thank you all. GGC was kind enough to get on the phone with me and willing to drive an hour tomorrow to see it - what a great guy! Rob, If timing doesn’t work out for him, I may reach out to you.

I know im paying a premium price for this specific car and as a result my expectations are very high. I’m also a very picky person. I really hope the car checks out ok.

A PPI was done on the car a couple of months ago and the invoice was shared with me. No issues found as well as a clean carfax. I also may be naive, but I feel if the car looks like it has been babied then the maintenance must be too.

The car is a loaded 2011 C4s with 31k miles. I have a couple of expensive services to be done - pdk clutch fluid and spark plugs. I’m hoping to delay it until next spring.

Thanks again for all your responses.

Last edited by C4SNY; 11-27-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:33 AM
C4SNY
Advanced

Well here she is...thanks Guy for taking a look at the car and confirming the condition.

So far driven 2k miles in two weeks and enjoying every second of it.

Now time to put on my winter tires since this is my DD.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:56 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Congrats. It looks like a very nice C4S. At 31K miles, you do not have to change the plugs!
Old 12-08-2018, 11:43 AM
ggc
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting the photos. It is a very nice C4S. Dirve and enjoy.

Quick Reply: Help: Out of state purchase - Mooresville, NC 28117