Home Link vis-a-vis Newest Technology Garage Doors

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 02:46 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Home Link vis-a-vis Newest Technology Garage Doors

I decided to have two new garage door openers added to one of our homes due to an upcoming California law and they feature the latest in encryption technology. By Liftmaster, they are the same manufacturer as in my other home, but far newer (2018 vice 2005). My antique 2006 Porsche has the Home Link but it doesn't seem to want to work with the newer machines. Anyone else run into this problem? I keep buttons one and two for house number one, and then reserve button three for house number two. Have tried several techniques as mentioned in the owner's manual but neither seems to work. I used to have a much older system programmed for button three. Would I have to go through a clearing process for that single button, perhaps first? Thanks in advance.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:21 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I decided to have two new garage door openers added to one of our homes due to an upcoming California law and they feature the latest in encryption technology. By Liftmaster, they are the same manufacturer as in my other home, but far newer (2018 vice 2005). My antique 2006 Porsche has the Home Link but it doesn't seem to want to work with the newer machines. Anyone else run into this problem? I keep buttons one and two for house number one, and then reserve button three for house number two. Have tried several techniques as mentioned in the owner's manual but neither seems to work. I used to have a much older system programmed for button three. Would I have to go through a clearing process for that single button, perhaps first? Thanks in advance.

Good info here:

https://www.homelink.com/porsche

Let us know what happens.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:23 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,523 Likes on 955 Posts

I had this issue with my 2008 Turbo when I upgraded my garage doors and openers. Liftmaster sells an inexpensive repeater kit unit that converts the older signal from your 911 to one that is compatible with their newer Security+ 2.0 units. Worked like a charm.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:18 PM
Aclmin
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I had this issue with my 2008 Turbo when I upgraded my garage doors and openers. Liftmaster sells an inexpensive repeater kit unit that converts the older signal from your 911 to one that is compatible with their newer Security+ 2.0 units. Worked like a charm.

Sounds like what we used:
Amazon Link Amazon Link
Plugs into a wall socket and acts as the go between to your older system and the new one. The pictured remote is only used to program.

I did find the programming instructions pretty poor. Might just be car specific though as it was for our Lexus.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:48 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,523 Likes on 955 Posts

Yes - it’s a very similar product.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:41 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I contacted Chamberlain and they sent me a repeater kit for free. Works like a charm....

Quick Reply: Home Link vis-a-vis Newest Technology Garage Doors