Roof Drain Cleaner Tool - DIY

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018 | 10:02 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Default Roof Drain Cleaner Tool - DIY

2009 C2S

I am still.... yes still !! getting water drips from my roof. I found if I cant the car back, parking on an incline, it won't happen..... but sheesh. Water drips from the dome light. I sealed the windshield with no results. This has been happening for years now, on an off.

Finally, I opened the roof in the rain and saw the leading trough area was filled with water. So it looks like the front drains are clogged. Now I always run weed wacker line in there but the line can't make the 90 degree bend where it connects to the front wheel wells. So it must be clogged. I know that I can get to them by removing the tires and then the wheel liners. You can see the lines grommetted to the metal up there near the A pillars when the liner is removed.

Anywho... I made some tool and blew them out. I know it worked because I can hear the air coming out from the wheel well.

1 - get some tubing.. I forget what size but it is so cheap, just buy a few sizes.
2 - trim the tip to be a "point" so it enters the drain holes
3 - Wrap with a ring of electrical tape, increasing the thickness to make a sealing plug.
4 - Put a wrap of tape at the end to receive your air blower attachment
5 - Open you roof, push down the leading wind breaker, and just feed the hose it to the side..... poke around, you will know when you get it.... push it all the way in
6 - Attach your air hose valve to it and let fly!!! You could just blow into it without an air hose, but using all that expensive equipment you have is half the fun and frankly, I don;t like doing ungodly things to clear PVC.
7 - Drink beer.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Old 11-07-2018 | 10:32 PM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
...can hear the air coming out from the wheel well.
Thanks Bruce - you hear a lot of stuff and we're thankful for it...
Old 11-08-2018 | 11:33 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Great idea! Thx for sharing!

Quick Reply: Roof Drain Cleaner Tool - DIY