Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach Springs On Older Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 03:40 PM
CayenneS2083
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone installed these front strut mounts? They are much cheaper than the Porsche ones and according to Pelican they are an OEM supplier.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:47 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Lemfoerder is OEM for many auto manufacturers. I would have no hesitation installing those on my car.

(I personally avoid Uro Parts and Meyle).

You should also get the associated bearing and support ring and all that jazz.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:26 PM
Sporty
Three Wheelin'

Received 464 Likes on 296 Posts

Update FYI - got my car back and drove it about 40 miles. The car's stance is much 'sexier' and the ride and handling is more composed and tighter and steering sharper - definitely an improvement all around. I had the top strut mounts and bump stops replaced as well - total with labor, alignment and tax was almost exactly $2K. My only nit is that my steering wheel is not dead center, off by 5-10 MM but is an easy adjustment I assume . Also had the original plugs and coil packs replaced (after 30k miles and 13 years )- old plugs and coils looked fine but i do notice better response in the 2000- 4000 rpm range as it previously felt a bit 'dead' in that area, about $800 for that, also had front brakes (with new ceramic pads) and rotors replaced another $500 or so ,plus my frunk struts were weak and had them replaced another $150ish. All in, a tick over $3,500, money well spent as it needed all these things. and feels like a new /different/better car . Oh, as far as the drop- on the rears, previously was a comfortable 3 fingers,(index, ring and middle) now a very tight barely index and middle. I may move my 15mm spacers to the front and replace the back with 20mm if thats ok to do ( i have base 18 by 10 wheels I believe in the back). Sorry no pics right now, but there are plenty on the interweb of others.

Quick Reply: Eibach Springs On Older Shocks