XPipe with Fister?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 05:11 PM
LISsailor
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 85 Posts
Default XPipe with Fister?

Hi,

I have the fister cans in my .2 and it has really improved the sound. I am looking for just a little more sound and am wondering if the Xpipe would be a nice improvement or too far gone. I like the civility of the car now and the ability talk on the phone. Is the Xpipe from Sharky a 100% change or more like a 50% change from the baseline with fister?

Looking for opinions on those that have made the leap from just modified cans. Also, is there a way to get rennlist pricing on this mod or anyone want to sell used?

Thanks y'all!
Old 09-18-2018, 06:54 PM
jmd09C2S
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say side cans with an Xpipe, should be the norm...Great sound and performance.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:56 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd09C2S
I would say side cans with an Xpipe, should be the norm...Great sound and performance.

++++1 ^^^^^^^
Old 09-18-2018, 09:00 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Billy Boat Straight Pipes

I did the center muffler delete with Billy Boat straight pipes and then added Fabspeed side mufflers. Subsequently, added the Fabspeed Cold air Induction. Car is quiet below 3,000k RPMs, but screams at 4,500 and above. The gurgle and pop when I let off is awesome. I recommend the process IF your neighbors are good with it before the car warms up and the RPM's drop. Just a little loud. I love the sounds!
Old 09-19-2018, 01:43 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,011 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by LISsailor
Hi,

I have the fister cans in my .2 and it has really improved the sound. I am looking for just a little more sound and am wondering if the Xpipe would be a nice improvement or too far gone. I like the civility of the car now and the ability talk on the phone. Is the Xpipe from Sharky a 100% change or more like a 50% change from the baseline with fister?

Looking for opinions on those that have made the leap from just modified cans. Also, is there a way to get rennlist pricing on this mod or anyone want to sell used?

Thanks y'all!
If you have normal neighbors, nobody will raise an eyebrow. Nor will you have any problems talking on the phone. It's louder but in a good way and you can also modulate it by keeping the RPM's below 3,000 sneaking out of the neighborhood if that's what you're concerned about. I'd put it this way. I don't want an obnoxiously loud car but I wouldn't own a 997.2 without the side cans modified or replaced (unless PSE) AND the center muffler replaced by any of the x-pipe options available. Highly, highly unlikely you'll regret doing it. The exact opposite is the more likely outcome imo. "My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner" is a common comment by those who have done it.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:16 AM
74911guy
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't agree more with the +++++ posters. Did the Fister, Sharkwerks x pipe months ago and have never regretted it for an instant. Can be very quiet below 3k, not too bad between 3k & 4.k if you are easy on the gas, but if you decide you want to hear it, nail the throttle and enjoy the flat six sonata, it is addictive. I did it primarily so I could hear the engine for rpm matching on downshifts. As delivered, the car could be a Camry in the aural universe. Not so anymore. It's as it should have been from the beginning and the world is now turning properly on it's axis.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:03 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by LISsailor
Hi,

Thanks y'all!
I have gundo hack (fister) and fabspeed xpipes. It's loud but not crazy loud. Go ahead, you won't regret.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:47 PM
chicago_nsx
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey fellow 997 members! Not to high jack the thread but had a question. I currently have the Sharkwerks X pipe and was wondering if I should do the fister cans as well. Then I read about the gundo hack - is there a reason to go one over the other? Reason I ask is price wise there is a big savings to go gundo vs fister.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:46 PM
JQ911
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Do it Gundo or Fister with xpipe. I've heard both and sound identical. If I knew a muffler shop who can do a gundo, I will go this route with the xpipe.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:06 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

Fister uses 1 3/4" pipes. I did my gundo hack with 2". That's the only difference besides cosmetic.

Quick Reply: XPipe with Fister?