Sponsored by:

Suspension Lowering Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 07:26 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEV8
Cumulatively the 19” wheel and stiff sidewall of the MPSS tire plus B6 plus lowering spring and bad pavement is the issue. Two longtime technicians at PPP here in Dallas recommended stock spring and retaining B6 struts. They both advised this combo over PSS9 or PSS10. 40-50 years of Porsche experience between the two of them. One is the Motorsports Director for PPP and is a great guy, the other a longtime tech who moved to parts when he fell ill, and the two own a total of 12 Porsches currently. I implicitly trust their recommendations. They talked me OUT of buying and installing PSS10s via their organization. I will say driving on smooth pavement is not a problem, not terrible. If your spine is still healthy/intact and there’s good road ahead, have at it. Dallas roads and highways are not good at all in and around downtown. There’s a reason everyone drives SUVs and trucks here.....Suburbs entirely differ from where I live. This is my daily driver so it’s not ok that it beats me up......
There is your problem right there. Rough roads will wreck havoc on most sports cars, even with stock suspension. I don't blame you but in your previous post, you made it seem as if the Eibach Springs/Bilstein shocks/19"wheels/SS combo made the car ride terrible.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/tag/potholes/
Old 08-21-2018, 09:05 AM
Chiehwei Lee
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me share my post at FB 997 Enthusiasts as the following, It may be helpful.

"I like to share my little upgrade with you 997 C2/C4 owners. I have 997.2 C4 with standard chassis (No PASM). The original suspension make the car looks like little SUV, so the original plan was to replace the suspension with Bilstein B12 pro-kit, but I am afraid of uncomfortable ride because of stiffness of B12 on our city rough roads.
So, now the plan is, Eibach pro-kit springs with original shock absorbs to maintain the ride comfort and once the original shock absorbs needed to be replaced, then the B8 comes in, that is B12=B8+Eibach pro-kit (correct me, if I am wrong).
and the result so far? far better than the original suspension! car lowered, better handling, and clear road response! I would suggest anyone with standard chassis try this way to get the balance between ride comfort and better handing!
attached my before and after pics."

stock springs

After Eibach prokit springs
Old 08-21-2018, 09:12 AM
Chiehwei Lee
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEV8
Bilstein B6 and Eibach lowering springs here. 19” wheel and Michelin Super Sports. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. More like unbearable. Dallas has bad streets. Car handles great. Car looks great. Ride is terrible terrible terrible if there’s undulating or patched pavement or pot holes. Bent a wheel within a week and I drive slow.....stock springs going back in ASAP. I considered PSS9/10 for a custom ride and I’ve had the car dropped maybe 3 weeks and I’m DONE. My back is freaking aching.....
I think you match the wrong springs with absorbs. B4/B6 is for stock springs, and Eibach pro-kit springs are for B8. B12=B8+Eibach springs (you have selection of pro-kit for more comfort ride or sportline for stiffer response)
I suggest you switch from B6 to B8. it will give you a different ride!

Quick Reply: Suspension Lowering Advice