Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Motorsport | Porsche 997 Carbon Fiber Competition Cold Air Intake System

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021 | 01:23 PM
pcaskey57
Instructor

During the Dyno run on my 2007 C2S after the full Fabspeed intake, exhaust and tune.
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
20181011_103606_WMV V8.wmv (2.96 MB, 89 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by pcaskey57:
Fabspeed Motorsport (04-06-2021), grnrcr (01-05-2024)
Old 04-06-2021 | 01:25 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pcaskey57
During the Dyno run on my 2007 C2S after the full Fabspeed intake, exhaust and tune.
Sounds fantastic Caskey, Thank you for sharing your experience with the community!

Old 07-24-2021 | 06:25 PM
Kyle Higgins
AutoX

Default Intake for 997.1 C2...

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Hey guys Scott here at Fabspeed Motorsport, just got a bunch of Carbon Fiber Competition Cold Air Intake systems in stock and ready to go!! Ad this simple mod to your engine and get immediate horsepower gains, engine induction tones, and spruce up that engine bay!!

Fits all Porsche 997 Carrera vehicles 2005-2008
Improves power by 19 whp and 21 ft-lbs of torque at 7000rpm
Includes dual dry-style air filters which do not require oiling; filter wash kit available separately
Intake constructed from genuine carbon fiber
Direct bolt-on replacement for the factory air box
All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Limited Warranty

Just take a listen to one of our customer's video of the System installed!

>>>Porsche 997 Competition Air Intake System<<<

Feel free to reach out to me regarding forum pricing!!!!
Hey Scott,

I came across this post not sure if you are still on point on Rennlist. You have any inventory you are looking to move? I live in Toronto. What does a quote look like for this?

Kyle
Old 07-24-2021 | 06:45 PM
tgilgan
Advanced

I have one, and it sounds awesome. I get lots of complements on the noise (have the intake and exhaust)... what is the cleaning kit you speak of - I talked to one of your reps and they said it was just warm water... is there something else I need?
Old 07-26-2021 | 11:46 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kyle Higgins
Hey Scott,

I came across this post not sure if you are still on point on Rennlist. You have any inventory you are looking to move? I live in Toronto. What does a quote look like for this?

Kyle
Hey Kyle,

That post is a blast from the past! definitely not the same batch, but I do have some in stock

Shoot me a PM or email with your shipping address and email and I can price out a quote for you!
Old 07-26-2021 | 11:47 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tgilgan
I have one, and it sounds awesome. I get lots of complements on the noise (have the intake and exhaust)... what is the cleaning kit you speak of - I talked to one of your reps and they said it was just warm water... is there something else I need?

No sir, no need for anything other than warm water!
Old 10-14-2021 | 12:40 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Take a look as our friends at Flat 6 review our Comp. Intake!

Old 10-18-2023 | 01:06 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

In this video, we compare the sound of a stock 991.2 (2017-19) Carrera 4S with PSE exhaust to the same car with our Sport Cats for PSE.

Old 10-19-2023 | 08:08 PM
bheit1
Rennlist Member

Is this a highly precise and finely tuned system like the stock Porsche intake? I have seen a number of recommendations to stay away from the intake in our cars.
Old 10-22-2023 | 07:11 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

It would be amazing if you guys made a carbon fiber airbox that looks OEM X51 to get around Mr. CA Smogman. I just got smogged last week and he was on me about the helmholtz block and I got the full mirrors underchassis etc. close look. IDK if the E46 CF box makes actual power but the noise is bonkers good. Something like that for the 997.1 that could pass for OEM would be really amazing.
Old 10-25-2023 | 10:23 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bheit1
Is this a highly precise and finely tuned system like the stock Porsche intake? I have seen a number of recommendations to stay away from the intake in our cars.
It is, they are proven to make power and are loved by all who have installed it. The only doubt we receive is from customers never willing to test it out themselves.

Check out Brock aka 996RT on Instagram, he has this intake on all of his fleet.
Old 10-26-2023 | 10:47 AM
SSMOKE-U
Rennlist Member

I'm skeptical on open element filters when it comes to maintaining power. I have seen so many instances where a car with an open filter may make more power on a couple dyno runs, but what about after it's heat soaked? Typically there is a significant drop in power after heat soaked and lets face it, when you're only working with 350hp or so, you need it all!
Old 10-26-2023 | 01:45 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SSMOKE-U
I'm skeptical on open element filters when it comes to maintaining power. I have seen so many instances where a car with an open filter may make more power on a couple dyno runs, but what about after it's heat soaked? Typically there is a significant drop in power after heat soaked and lets face it, when you're only working with 350hp or so, you need it all!
HI Smoke U

Here is a breif history of the Fabspeed 996/ 997 carbon fiber Competition intake system. Back in the early 2000s period, several IMSA Grand AM Koni race teams were using aluminum intake systems that we designed on the street, race track, and DYNO. The intakes used a large single Filter and worked.

Later at Fabspeed we switched from aluminum which can conduct heat to carbon fiber which can not conduct and or absorb heat. We worked with Pro-Racing teams and developed the Dual inet Y pipe systems.

The Competition air intake is 100% guaranteed to maximum power all across the RPM band. It's carbon fiber with dual filters and a carbon shield. The intake adds significant noticeable "seat of the pants power" under all circumstances.

If the car has stock OEM Porsche exhaust it adds power and "makes the 996/997 "Soundtrack much better as IF you made an exhaust upgrade on your car as well.

For all those skeptics that "assume the 996/997 engine with open filter elements" will lose power. I have to tell you it's 100% guaranteed under any and all circumstances on the street, Dyno, racetrack and on one's daily driver.

Like I said IF you want to try it and buy it we 100% guarantee the system. As anyone should know any Engine is simply an "air pump" it simply takes in ambient air and fuel and compresses it ignites the mixture to make power. Enhancing engine efficiency and Volumetric efficiency by reducing intake airflow restrictions always adds power if done correctly. Logically the engine's exhaust systems require reduced back-pressure and enhanced flow within certain design parameters to give high-pitched sportscar sound and maximum power. It's all an equation that at Fabspeed we LIVE to design engineer and develop for air-cooled and water-cooled cars.

To the concern of bumper-to-bumper traffic, or at 150MPH the ambient temperature is the same within the engine bay, as it is outside the car. The OEM fan on the decklid is as effective in our design as it is with your OEM airbox! It is truly the easiest upgrade for more sound and power on both the 996/997.

Another suggestion for those looking to retain their OEM factory airbox, we also designed the CUP Airbox Upgrade on all 996 engines, you remove the internal Helmholtz resonator muffler located under the lid of your airbox cover, we supply you a piece to screw in. This allows all 996 engines to breathe from both sides of the air filter and airbox, and we give you a 4-ply silicone hose to connect the back of the airbox to the throttle body as seen in the video below! On all 996 cars +9-10 HP GUARANTEED. (This product is applicable to the997 as well, the installation does differ as we provide you a cap for the resonater, but gains of 6-8HP are still noticeable present.)

Joe Fabiani developed this system in 1999-2000 and over the past 25 years has continually dyno developed and made improvements to the system. If anyone company tries to sell you a red cap off for your 996 OEM airbox, and just a red silicone house, you have left 60% of horsepower on the table. Fabspeed has unfortunately had people take shortcuts and try to knock off these designs, without doing the crucial engineer work themselves.

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 10-26-2023 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-26-2023 | 03:14 PM
SSMOKE-U
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
HI Smoke U

Here is a breif history of the Fabspeed 996/ 997 carbon fiber Competition intake system. Back in the early 2000s period, several IMSA Grand AM Koni race teams were using aluminum intake systems that we designed on the street, race track, and DYNO. The intakes used a large single Filter and worked.

Later at Fabspeed we switched from aluminum which can conduct heat to carbon fiber which can not conduct and or absorb heat. We worked with Pro-Racing teams and developed the Dual inet Y pipe systems.

The Competition air intake is 100% guaranteed to maximum power all across the RPM band. It's carbon fiber with dual filters and a carbon shield. The intake adds significant noticeable "seat of the pants power" under all circumstances.

If the car has stock OEM Porsche exhaust it adds power and "makes the 996/997 "Soundtrack much better as IF you made an exhaust upgrade on your car as well.

For all those skeptics that "assume the 996/997 engine with open filter elements" will lose power. I have to tell you it's 100% guaranteed under any and all circumstances on the street, Dyno, racetrack and on one's daily driver.

Like I said IF you want to try it and buy it we 100% guarantee the system. As anyone should know any Engine is simply an "air pump" it simply takes in ambient air and fuel and compresses it ignites the mixture to make power. Enhancing engine efficiency and Volumetric efficiency by reducing intake airflow restrictions always adds power if done correctly. Logically the engine's exhaust systems require reduced back-pressure and enhanced flow within certain design parameters to give high-pitched sportscar sound and maximum power. It's all an equation that at Fabspeed we LIVE to design engineer and develop for air-cooled and water-cooled cars.

To the concern of bumper-to-bumper traffic, or at 150MPH the ambient temperature is the same within the engine bay, as it is outside the car. The OEM fan on the decklid is as effective in our design as it is with your OEM airbox! It is truly the easiest upgrade for more sound and power on both the 996/997.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DGl5ruZP6c&t

Another suggestion for those looking to retain their OEM factory airbox, we also designed the CUP Airbox Upgrade on all 996 engines, you remove the internal Helmholtz resonator muffler located under the lid of your airbox cover, we supply you a piece to screw in. This allows all 996 engines to breathe from both sides of the air filter and airbox, and we give you a 4-ply silicone hose to connect the back of the airbox to the throttle body as seen in the video below! On all 996 cars +9-10 HP GUARANTEED. (This product is applicable to the997 as well, the installation does differ as we provide you a cap for the resonater, but gains of 6-8HP are still noticeable present.)

Joe Fabiani developed this system in 1999-2000 and over the past 25 years has continually dyno developed and made improvements to the system. If anyone company tries to sell you a red cap off for your 996 OEM airbox, and just a red silicone house, you have left 60% of horsepower on the table. Fabspeed has unfortunately had people take shortcuts and try to knock off these designs, without doing the crucial engineer work themselves.
I appreciate the info. So I've been looking at your Performance Package for 997.1 and had a question regarding exhaust. Can the Supercup be substituted for the Maxflow?
Old 10-27-2023 | 11:13 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SSMOKE-U
I appreciate the info. So I've been looking at your Performance Package for 997.1 and had a question regarding exhaust. Can the Supercup be substituted for the Maxflow?
Absolutely, shoot me a PM and I can build you a custom package!

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Motorsport | Porsche 997 Carbon Fiber Competition Cold Air Intake System